• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160SP problem

steeltech

I printed a 3' x 8' banner yesterday as part of a 2-banner order. The second banner has some slight changes in text, and the mascot logo is shifted to the opposite side. I began printing the second banner last night, and at 86% the printer carriage went to rest and the display was flashing. It was not giving me an error message. I clicked on Project manager (FlexiPro 10.5) and it prompted a "not responding" message. Today, I came in early to re-do the banner from start, and again had the same issue only this time it stopped at 90% complete. I cannot figure out what its doing and its not prompting any messages so I cant figure out whats wrong. The customer needed this order by this morning. Now Im stuck. Does anyone know what is happening with my printer? Im currently sitting here wondering whether or not its going to continue or if Im going to have to shut it all down again and waste more ink and material. Please, if anyone had experience with this problem and knows what I need to do, I would appreciate some input. Thank you. My printing jobs are at a complete halt right now because of this phantom glitch.

steeltech

Two attempts and the project stalls at 90% complete. I orginally thought the ink ran out, but that wasnt so. Ive been running this printer for a few months and never had a problem like this. Ive had head strikes or material catch the carriage and ruin jobs that way, but thats human error. This, I have no clue why it keeps stopping in the same spot.

steeltech

Its not USB it is firewire cable. The Mimaki person (not a tech, because they are "busy right now") asked if the printer or flexi software is not working. I can send cut jobs fine, the banner job is sitting and it shows that it is printing but it has stalled at 90%. The printer screen just continues to flash. It isnt out of ink, it isnt jammed. The carriage went back to rest position and Im sitting here with my thumb up my *** waiting for a tech to call me and give me some advice. I dont want to shut it down because I want the problem to be present when they call.

thewood

I used to see this occasionally on our JV3 (also connected via firewire). A reboot of the printer and RIP machine always remedied the situation.

genericname

I used to see this occasionally on our JV3 (also connected via firewire). A reboot of the printer and RIP machine always remedied the situation.

Ditto. Barring any serious issues with the board, probably just data that zigged when it should've zagged. Big file? Running a lot in the background on the RIP station? Trying to access other Firewire peripherals or printers at the same time?

steeltech

Problem solved. My computer was missing one of two drivers. Mimaki tech solved the problem over the phone. No explanation where the driver went but if the problem comes up again I know what to add to my list of things to check. Thanks everyone for your help.

jaki514

im having the same problem too. did you what drivers that was missing to solve that problem? thanks for your help.