• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 160sp rebuild

signhouse

hi everyone
got a good deal on the printer so hoping to get good info on things to look out for to get it running.
printer has been in storage for 2years. heads have been replaced, ink lines flushed before shutdown.
particularly things to check before switching on.
i am based in the fiji islands so getting technician out here is way tooo expensive for us. help would be really really appreciated.

thanks

artbot

ink on the boards of the heads. when getting one of these going, there's lots of messing with the dampers and often a manifold can get a crack. if ink gets on the head, they will fry in seconds. you may run into a few "cover open" issues due to magnets lining up. you'll probably hack these magnets later so you can open the cover (or remove the cover) whenever you want. and while you are rebuilding the jv3, put a string of LEDs in the hull. having the bright light inside the printer is a must.

Attachments

• PRINTER.jpg
    PRINTER.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 160