• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 160sp strange noise

Redz Signs Inc.

well i did a rutine clean today and started to print. then i noticed a noise that i never heard before. sounds like some one blowing threw a straw as the carrage goes to the left from the capping station. almost like i string getting tight but it does not make the noise when it returns to the capping station??????? for the love of god help me.

MikePro

try cleaning the two rails that the head carriage travels on with 3-in-1 oil.
My printer started making noises and getting y-current errors until I started to do it once a week.

Redz Signs Inc.

i clean my rails and oil on evey day basis . it just all of a sudden started this crap and its tickin me off... any other options?

MikePro

can you track where the noise is coming from?
my next guess would be dust buildup behind the carriage, where the cables/inklines travel. dust dragging could make such a noise?

Redz Signs Inc.

no belts are on fully no tapping at all . some tech guy said the pully was going bad however for his 150 a hr ill look on here for real advice rather than going and blowing money with this bozo .. but everything seams fine no errors just a string tighting noise that was never there .

WrapperX

Is it like a swishing noise - As the carriage moves back and forth? The one I worked on started doing that and it was from dust building up on the back flat area where the ink and the carriage wires get pushed and pulled as the carriage moves. I swept it out but you have to be carefull you don't push it off the edge - I was told there are parts off to the left where the ink cartridges sit.

Redz Signs Inc.

well i found out it was the y axis birthday cake pulley the bearing were going bad..

now i need to know how tight to make the y axis motor belt???? anybody?

macmedia

Those bearings go bad after a certain amount of usage.
If you have a Tension Gauge, after applying 250 grams of force on the belt, it should move about 2mm.