• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160sp trying to dump all of the inks.

Laraleigh

Our printer is stuck in a cycle where it is trying to refill the inks back into the machine. We put new cartridges in it a week ago and it has been just fine. Turned it on this morning to run some prints and it wants to fill up, but is already full. We can't get it out of this. Is there anyway to go around it? Or is there something that could be making our printer enter into this? PLEASE HELP. It has done this once before, about a month ago, and we were forced to let it dump inks so we could get the sign done by our deadline. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We can't keep dumping inks.

artbot

i believe i've heard of an exotic service manual option. i don't know that one. i do know that you can take off the back panel on your printer, unhook your pumps and let the printer squawk away thinking it's pumping. when the firmware believes it's done, you can hook the pump tubes back and you are in business.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Artbot's method will work and just puts some wear and tear on the pumps. There is a parameter you can change that will tell the machine it is full already but it;s been so long since I have done it, I can't remember which one!

Laraleigh

As soon as we turn it on it trying to automatically start dumping. We are having to cut it off to save the inks. We are hoping that we can go without unhooking it to fix the problem. We would like to ensure that when we fix it this time we don't have the same problem again in another month. If it continues to occur we may start looking at new printers, but we hate to spend that kind of money at this moment.