• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160SP Wallpaper Printing Problem

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi Everyone,
Running a Mimaki JV3 160SP, printing on Paper Magic 212 gram wallpaper.
Having a problem printing dark colors, as I am getting white spots throughout the dark shades in the print. I have gotten it better with higher heat settings, am running 58 print, 52 pre heat as per magics suggestion on the website. I have it on 720 16pass. Any ideas? The lower the heat the worse they get. I also tried other profiles other than what I normally use and tried taking down the black levels in postershop. I really wanted to avoid tampering with the profile ink limits as I have never done that before, but willing to try it now. Thanks.

PS- The heater only goes up to 60....

Cmiller01

Printer
I have tried 2 different rolls. It has always spotted a little on the darker colors, but I generally dont print black/darker colors on the wallpaper for our normal client, and this will be at head height viewing, most of our stuff is not. Generally the spotting in the dark colors is not an issue, as they are 8'ft plus in the air and disappears completely after you back away a foot or 2.

I'm curious if you ever found the solution to this problem, I'm finding the same thing printing on paper, the ink just kind of pools on top and bleeds together.