• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 160sp - wire/cable help

undermind9

good morning!

so we have had a standing issue where the heater will not turn on...but tugging/moving the wire bundle on the left side (opposite control panel) will reactivate

seemingly today its had enough of that mess and shut down for good.

i took apart and got behind the first board to find that 2 of the 4 wires are unplugged from the connector. and unplugged i mean no strands to even jam back in there. whats worse is since ive gotten behind it the 2nd Black ink cartridge wont recognize

are these wires easy to replace? i dont even know what to call them to search.

its a Yellow connector with 3 gray wires and 1 white, theres 4 of them on the top right of the board...top left two of these connectors have loose/pulled wires

~*~*~**~*~*~~*

we're trying to get a tech out...but with holidays who knows timeline right? if the cables are available im sure could do it myself.

thoughts?

thanks
rob

*edit*
photos attached

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpg
    IMG_2415.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 94
  • mimaki-boardZoom.jpg
    mimaki-boardZoom.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

signswi

Replace the connector--you can buy those connector types at any electronic supply store and just strip and crimp the wires into them.

Of course now that RadioShack is "The Shack" and entirely useless unless you're in a metro area you might have a hard time finding a decent supply store.

MikePro

merchant member here, advantagesignsupply.com, has a location in chicago and have techs on staff... could easily get them there before Xmas or, worst case, before New Year's

do you really need to replace the connecter here? looks like you could just re-strip the end of those wires and re-connect.
p.s. jiggling the wires in the past to get it working sounds awful... those boards are like $2k+ to replace, not to mention the headache.

genericname

do you really need to replace the connecter here? looks like you could just re-strip the end of those wires and re-connect.
p.s. jiggling the wires in the past to get it working sounds awful... those boards are like $2k+ to replace, not to mention the headache.

+1

I've done the same with numerous connections in the past. Just pull the plug, strip the wire a bit, and solder it back in to place with a soldering needle.

undermind9

morning all, hope the weekend treated well

as a follow up from last week -

i did pull the wires, strip, and solder into place. we were able to print for a while, but either a plug became loose again or just wasnt done well enough because it says "no ink" when ive switched in 3 new & full cartridges

@MikePro -
we actually had been contacting your company to come out, dillon is the rep who is trying to schedule and come out this week.

thanks to everyone for quick and helpful replies

MikePro

may have fixed the heater, but issues most likely remain with the ink cartridge side. loose cables in the ink cartridge wiring could be your issue, not just with your heater.

best of luck! if you've got a tech. comin' in, i'm sure your problems won't be there for long. just make sure you've got a good list of questions and "want to knows" about your printer before he comes in... make that tech time work for you, and learn as much as you can about your printer while he's there on your dime.