• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3-160sp

asd

I received a use mimaki yesterday and one of the door sensors is broken, the one next to heads, my question is besides the sensor on the door next to heads is there more any where else, attached is an image of the door with the missing tap, but besides that one are there more or is that the only one, I keep getting a message to close a door on the screen

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 121

ChicagoGraphics

It might not be missing, look into where it would go if it was on the cover, alot of people including myself take them off and insert it into the slot so you can open the front cover while it's printing.

FLAGLOFT

There is three of these sensors, one on the door next to the heads, one on the cleaning station door and then one on the front clear cover, i take all of them off except the cleaning station door and put something in the sensor to hold it open, or the sensor could be bad all together

darkorical

Our previous operator disconnected the wires from the switch and just twisted them together. Somehow I don't think this is exactly the best idea but it could work for you.

MikePro

i think the printer is just angry at how dirty you've let it become :)

there's a magnet that holds the clip in (or the cover-down, if the clip was screwed to the cover), on the printer just behind those two holes on the cover. sometimes it shifts, and even though it is still there, it might not be making the connection intended.

also, the silver cap/cover that surrounds the capping station and heater switches & button... has a similar cap/cover on the left-side of the printer. that entire cover is also a "clip" that is intended to make a connection when screwed-in properly otherwise this cover/switch will also throw a "cover open" error.

*EDITED: WOOOT! 3000 posts! Fitting that it was on a mimaki topic, as that's where at least 2k of them were from over the years.