• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-250SP issue with error10

alexyoon.gaius

Hi,
I've bought a MimaKi JV3-250SP that had been newly installed with Epson dx7 heads.
I was trying to print out some banners to test if the printer is working fine, but it seems like the printer is having a connection error with the RIP software.

I received a cracked Flexisign 8.1 when I bought the printer from the Mimaki engineer, and he said error10 problem is because the software is not the original version.
When I print out any files through this cracked Flexisign, it will be printed for about 2 minutes and make a beep sound to indicate the error10, with a white line going through the vinyl.

I tried out the Maintop 5.3V that came with one of our chinese printer, and this one can't even connect to the 1394 driver for whatever reason there is.
Their website says that Maintop is compatible for JV3 series...

Does anyone has any solution to this? I couldn't print anything out because of this RIP problem.
Do I need to buy the original version of the Flexisign or is there any cheaper way to do with the cracked version of this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The JV3 model has DX4 print heads not DX7 just so you know in the future.

I would try printing to the parallel port. You can use a USB to Parallel cable and it should work. Belkin brand works the best for me. Error 10 could be a bad 1394 board or the connector that connects it to the main board could be broken as well.

I won't speak to the software issue other than to say, go buy a real version. Cracked copies are not only illegal but they can also cause issues like you are having.

alexyoon.gaius

The JV3 model has DX4 print heads not DX7 just so you know in the future.

I would try printing to the parallel port. You can use a USB to Parallel cable and it should work. Belkin brand works the best for me. Error 10 could be a bad 1394 board or the connector that connects it to the main board could be broken as well.

I won't speak to the software issue other than to say, go buy a real version. Cracked copies are not only illegal but they can also cause issues like you are having.

First of all thanks for the reply!
My bad, Dx7 heads were for the other printer that I have that was having another issue. Yes my mimaki has dx4 heads.
Other than the cracked version of Flexisign, I have the original version of Maintop RIP software but it won't catch my printer driver.
And the 1394 board is a new one I bought a couple of weeks ago!
Could there be any other remedy?

GP_Oz

You could download a 30 day trial of onyx - that will sort out what side of the issue you should focus on.

alexyoon.gaius

You could download a 30 day trial of onyx - that will sort out what side of the issue you should focus on.

I tried the trial version of onyx and still didn't get through..I just found out someone who's been going through the same issue as me on the forum and trying out the solutions they had there. Switched the board and the cable but didn't work yet. Now I am trying to upgrade to Windows 7 pro 64bit..
Thank you.