• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-75/JV3-160 Bulk Ink

David Snider

We are needing some advice on switching to bulk ink on both of our printers.

We are running both of these machines on a consistent basis and are wanting to try to cut some costs and decrease the need for cartridge change. I have reviewed many of the previous posts regarding bulk ink but wanted a fresh perspective from anyone who may have some advice that may help us in our decision.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChiknNutz

I assume you've looked into Triangle MLD inks, if you've read many of the posts. Just wanted to reiterate that if you've not. I got mine from Pacific Coast Sign Supply in Portland, OR; who it turn got it from NuSign in California...whom I believe is a primary vendor of Triangle products.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We've been using the Triagle Bulk Ink System since the day we plugged our Mimaki into the wall 4 years ago.

No problems.

One thing to keep in mind........................COLOR MANGEMENT!

You might have to create profiles for this ink set and the various medias that you use.

Also......not major but I recommend it with the Triangle Inks...........change the in-line filters EVERY TIME you open a new bottle of ink. Cheap insurance to me.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Dear Sirs,

We have bulk ink system for mimaki jv3-160.
j-star ink is well known from Japan with best quality and color. We have many references who are using jv3 printers for you to call in States. We have 100% eBay feedbacks+ 100% paypal feedbacks. We've been in business for over 14 years. We guarantee our products. 100% satisfaction guarantee policy.

Limited Time Only- Buy four liters of cmyk colors for mimaki/ mutoh/ roland ink, we will include free bulk system/ four refillable cartridges. $70/liter, all colors.

Feel free to call me for reference or questions.

Francis
Fieldcenter Inc
sales@fieldcenterusa.com
+1 949 209 7306

David Snider

What about head damage? Have you experienced this happening much? We have been running the JV3-75 for 3 years and the JV3-160 for 1 year and have only had to replace one print head and that was due to a head strike.

I hate the thought of reconfiguring our color profiles also. We have very good control over our color now and I would hate to screw that up. Both machines are printing virtually the same. We can print one side of a vehicle on one machine and the other side on the other machine and you can't distinguish the difference. I hate to jeopardize that benefit.

Also, do all bulk systems require a chip resetter and what is that exactly?

And are there systems that you just refill your current cartridges or are they all fed by way of reservoirs?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
No print head damage from j-star ink.

Yes indeed. If you are having very steady color control; you wouldn't want to change. But think of cost savings way, you would sacrifice the ease and re-configure the profile for some savings. You configured once; you can configure it again.

We have permanent jv3 chips for jv3 printers. Just use our refillable cartridge and attach the chip into the cartridge. You can use it right away. No chip resetter is needed.

You would have to use a funnel to refillable this 440ml refillable cartridge(inclued). I will also provide some references who use these systems. You will hear happy result.

Pls do email me at francis.kao@fieldcenterusa.com I will send you some pictures of the refillable cartridges and liter ink bottle. $70/liter.

www.ebay.com / Item 200242126005

rtCurve.gif

Thank you,
Francis Kao
Fieldcenter Inc
949 209 7306
sales@fieldcenterusa.com

jdigital

We used to have the bulk ink system called the stingray marketed by sericol with color+ inks. Great color gamut but ink always clogged heads and really strong solvent smell. Since it was a third party ink, Mimaki wouldn't cover any repairs under warranty. We struggled with this system for 6 months and finally got rid of it. We switched back to OEMs. Even though the ink cost less, all the time spent on trying to fix our issues didn't save us money at all .

GTSTech_1

For your JV3's you do not want the Triangle MLD (it's for a roland), you want the JVS Ink(Triangle). Triangles' "Chip resetter" is in my opinion the best one out there. It connects directly to your mainboard (most other systems tirck the machince with a chip system attached to the carts).

As far as your colors, there will be a slight learning curve. You will be using a different ink type, however your Triangle dealer (along with Triangle), would be able to offer you any Icc profile for your media.

I think it was the last qtr of 2007, Triangle revamped it's dealer channel. NU Sign Supply lost it's distrubtorship with Triangle, since then Triangle has mandated companies selling the Ink be certified (trained) by Traingle.

If you wanted to test Triangle Ink, I would suggest using 1-2 sets of the Ink in cartridge form.

Hope this helps. PM or email me with any further questions.

My .02

Joey Alonso
GTS

PS-We are a Triangle Dealer.