• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3-75sp2 help please

jaki514

i just bought this mimaki jv3-75sp2 sovlent printer came out of storage. i did the test print black,magenta and cyan showed but no yellow. i did change 2 of the pump, cap station and all dampers.i been doing the nozzle wash all week. i did the fill ink and i cannot fill up the yellow damper? please help. Do i have a bad printhead on the yellow? any thought guy?

MR. Graphics

do you have ink in the line going to the dampener? you might have air in the yellow line, or a pin hole in it, or bad seat from the cap station to the head. you can try and pull off the dampener and hook a syringe to it and slowly try to bring ink thru the line into the dampener while holding the dampener upside down. if dampener fills with ink place it on the head and do ink fill.
(if you have a bulk ink system check your locking valves to see if they are open)

artbot

are you getting yellow ink to the heads? if you pull ink into the damper with a syringe, then pull that ink through the heads below (pump line or waste line) does the ink come through? if not you may not be getting a seal at the yellow cap. jv3's have a cammed capping station that work decent but not as well as a mechanical/vertical raising capping station.

on this printer, the capping station often needs to be shimmed on the far right (yellow). i used to have two razor blades set under my capping station on the right.

if no yellow is coming through when drawing at the yellow line below the caps,
have a partner push up on the capping station (upwards). then pull again. if you get ink you can blame the angle of attack (there are three settings in the firmware that set the carriage position relative to the capping station), the height (on the right), or the springs in the capping station (you can stretch them out a bit for more pressure), and of course dry/warn/cracked up caps.

also there can be a clog right below the cap as the tube connects to the cap and a clog in the pump. i doubt this is the issue. less common issues can be a cracked head manifold, bad o-rings, loose fittings.

jaki514

no yellow ink coming thru the printhead. no ink in the line going to the dampener. seems like there's no yellow ink coming out from cartridges! thanks guys ill try work on it

artbot

are you using a syringe to get the ink to the dampers or using the pumps to pump the yellow? if not, insert a syringe into the damper. turn the damper upside down and pull ink into the damper so that it fills up the "top" by flowing down. when it's 75% full flip the damper right side up and carefully seat on the manifold (no twisting!).

jaki514

guys! so i got the yellow going by using a syringe from damper and the pump. test print showed yellow but it comes and go! i try doing fill ink not much yellow coming out of the pump as the other ink line. the yellow ink line seems like i was sucking a lot of air from the waste line as the other? is this bad cap station? thanks artbot i appreciate it.