• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-75SPII ink problems after head wash

foss audio

I did a head wash and now when black ink is put back into machine I get XX displayed on screen where KK would normally be displayed. Tried new carts, cart sensor, cleaned chip reader and new chips from bordouex, still nothing. Please help!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have had other a defective other color cartridge cause mis-reads for cartridges that were ok.
Try putting in two good blacks and pulling the other carts.

foss audio

I have tried new authentic and bordoux ink carts. I have tried new chips as well. There is nothing in the user, service, and/or tech documents that show this issue. I have been beating my head against a wall for the last month trying to get to the bottom of this issue. The inks registered prior to head wash.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I know there is a way to reset the machine through removing the small button battery that keeps its memory alive, but I have never done that before.
I think it might be on the motherboard or power supply board, but I can't remember. I would consider this a last-ditch idea though, I would start with tearing down the machine to see if the cartridge chip reader is damaged or defective. (swap the cartridge readers and see what happens)

heyskull

I very much doubt it to be the memory dates, which is one thing that resets when you remove the battery.
More likely a dodgy cable or print head.

SC

foss audio

I know there is a way to reset the machine through removing the small button battery that keeps its memory alive, but I have never done that before.
I think it might be on the motherboard or power supply board, but I can't remember. I would consider this a last-ditch idea though, I would start with tearing down the machine to see if the cartridge chip reader is damaged or defective. (swap the cartridge readers and see what happens)

Tried the battery removal already. Did not help. :(

foss audio

Fixed issue. I had some other chips waiting for me when i came into work today. Placed them onto the carts, and fired right up. Very odd that the chips on the other carts worked prior to head wash and then after, no workey. Even new chips i put on last week didn't work. Anyhow, my printer is working again........ kinda. :smile: