Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JV3-75SPII is it worth to buy?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by anozira02, Aug 28, 2009.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Have a chance to buy this printer only 2 years in service,,,any idea what it's worth and would it be a good thing to have?

Tags:
  2. bella

bella Member

Jul 10, 2009
    It's a lovely piece of kit. What you need to know is that the heads are in good condition. New heads are expensive. The printer is solvent which means it will print in or out. In the UK this machine sells for a round £3000 to £4000 in very good condition. Hope this helps you.:thumb:

3. dman0427

dman0427 Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    31.88" printable... if that works for you then okay.

4. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Good machine but imo you will regret the size. Once you start offering digital printing you'll be amazed how much you want/need the larger size. Don't buy it just to buy it, make sure you have the need for it, and then buy the proper machine/size for that need. Buy bigger/more machine than your current needs to allow for future growth.

5. particleman

particleman Member

Feb 1, 2008
    IN
    There are a lot of 54" (130) machines floating around I would pay the 1-2k more for one instead. You will be much better off, same machine just wider.

6. artaddict

artaddict New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Seems like we are on the same boat...I am also checking up on these machines... I guess this is the one on e-bay. Looks good . I also understand the point about buying a larger size...