• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 alignment

Goatboy

Dees anyone have this PDF readily available? I can find general maintenance manuals but looking for a service manual that has the service head alignment. I had a printed copy that seems to have been eaten

gabagoo

He's right, I have a 130spII and the media comp will vary depending on humidity and temperature if your not in a completely controlled environment.
You can even adjust the media comp as it is printing. Figure out the right comp for each material, write it down and adjust each time. It kinda sucks doing that but its the only way to ensure high quality prints.

I did not know you could do it while printing!!!! I usually toast the job and start over. How is this done? I'm all excited now.....:U Rock:

Letterbox Mike

hit function while it's printing to see what the printer feed comp is set at, hit enter to be able to adjust the setting with the up and down keys, enter again to save it. You have to make fairly large increases or decreases to see a change, usually more than 30.

gabagoo

Really! so if you make this big change while printing, do you have to reset it for the next print or thats it for that material. How high have your changes been? i have gone at -46 for banners and rarely need anything in the pluses. I guess every printer is different and unique.

signsnowphilly

also, you need to make sure that you change it is ONYX also or what ever it is that you use.
you can go to printer settings and i think its the media tab.
there will be a place where you can type in the new #

signsnowphilly

My machine is on firmware 3.10 allowing for bulk ink and constant access to service mode from the setup menu directly. If you mess with anything, don't expect to get a good result without reading the service manual (available on the yahoo user's group) and using some magnification. There is a great little illuminated "microscope" thats available at radio shack that some of the yahoo group guys have recommended and I have been happy with it for the price.

As far as media comp goes, most manufacturers recommend that you do a quick test every time you load up media. You'll also find on really long print runs that you'll have to chase it a little.

Finally, the media comp print test is intentionally not very opaque and its very "bandy" its not a problem with your machine. It actually makes it easier to see the adjustment under magnification.

The regular users manual deals with the media comp and other non-service menu adjustments. Its worth reading. The service manual IMHO is mandatory mimaki reading.

you;re on 3.0 firmware?

i so wnat that little microscope. i was trying to guess or create a formula

mindlesswonders

I just got a JV3 and the alignment is off when it prints..... any point on a letter you can slightly see it pushed to the right and it has two pionts... any help on how to fix thi is greatly appeciated.

tbaker

you can do a user level adjustment, it's in the maintenance menu. Function until you see maintenance, then print adjust. find the lines that most closely match up, then enter them. ( after it gets done printing it will ask you for the values)