• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki jv3 bad cyan test print after ink ran out

Bikeboybute

Hi all i have bought a local sign company to compliment our garment printing business. I have bought a mimaki jv3 130 sp11. It has been printing well up until i accidently ran out of one cyancyan cartridge. I now get a bad test print (see pic atatched) and bad overspray. Ive cleaned and cleaned head several times thinking there was an air lock. No better. Help gratefully recieved but mind ive only had the printer 6 weeks. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_101925.jpg
    IMG_20200320_101925.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 607

signage

how long did the printer sit without the cyan cartridge?

How did you prime the channel when you installed the new cartridge?

Bikeboybute

Not long, had a bad print and realised one had ran out. I was risking it after display told me it needed changing, lack of experience and knowledge. Im used to DTG printing and my epson does all its own cleaning

I done several head cleans where it pumps the ink through to try prime it per the previous owners instructions. It didnt work

signage

IS the damper full? Also after doing several head cleaning hold off for a few minuets before you re test, hard cleanings and attempting to fill emptied lines brings air into dampers that needs to settle down before re testing.

signage

put cleaning fluid in capping station and let head sit for a while then run a cleaning cycle and try test print.

djhotwheel

Usually overspray can be 2 things. Clogged head or static issues.
Make sure the head is clean and the capping station rubber ring/seal is cleaned.
You may have to do a few ink fills and waste ink, trying to break that clog free. I have had success in a few unorthodox ways on getting head to flow again. 1. Fat foam swap with lots of cleaning solvent and lightly press under the head nozzle. Do not rub! This could loosen any in the screen on the face of the head. 2. Need a larger, squirt type syringe, from the capping station (inside printer) follow the waste tube towards the pumps. Most mimaki's have a silver fitting connector that connects the capping station to the pumps. If you find that connector cut the tube about 1/2" from connector point. Attach the syringe over the tube end. Make sure the head is parked over the station and SLOWLY pull the syringe. This will suck cyan ink forced through the heads. Once you pull about like 10CC of ink, pull of syringe and reattach the tube to the connector barrel. Then do a test print with cyan only.

Another thought could be is fabric is very static prone. Do you have a cooper tinsle on the rear of the machine to prevent static? This helps too.

Just ideas...

Bikeboybute

Usually overspray can be 2 things. Clogged head or static issues.
Make sure the head is clean and the capping station rubber ring/seal is cleaned.
You may have to do a few ink fills and waste ink, trying to break that clog free. I have had success in a few unorthodox ways on getting head to flow again. 1. Fat foam swap with lots of cleaning solvent and lightly press under the head nozzle. Do not rub! This could loosen any in the screen on the face of the head. 2. Need a larger, squirt type syringe, from the capping station (inside printer) follow the waste tube towards the pumps. Most mimaki's have a silver fitting connector that connects the capping station to the pumps. If you find that connector cut the tube about 1/2" from connector point. Attach the syringe over the tube end. Make sure the head is parked over the station and SLOWLY pull the syringe. This will suck cyan ink forced through the heads. Once you pull about like 10CC of ink, pull of syringe and reattach the tube to the connector barrel. Then do a test print with cyan only.

Another thought could be is fabric is very static prone. Do you have a cooper tinsle on the rear of the machine to prevent static? This helps too.

Just ideas...

Thanks for the ideas, ill keep you posted on outcomes