• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 bad ink chip?

Knep

Tuesday I put in a brand new light magenta ink cartridge, My Mothers funeral was Monday, I didnt work at all this week, my shop sat idle. I came in yesterday to check over things and the power had been out at some point, but my printer said near end on my light magenta and light cyan! The L.Cyan was at 2, L. Magenta was full, now they are both saying near end, is there something that cold of caused this? Grimco is sending me a new Light Magenta thinking it could be a bad chip....this is on the 20/20 ink that the printer was already using when I bought it. Im not quite sure what would cause it to drink that much ink and only on those?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Either the chip is bad or your pack end sensor is malfunctioning. If the second chip doesn't work, it's most likely the sensor. Also, we work on machines in the field and when we hear a customer is using 20/20 inks we tell them we won't work on it until they change to another ink.

Knep

Either the chip is bad or your pack end sensor is malfunctioning. If the second chip doesn't work, it's most likely the sensor. Also, we work on machines in the field and when we hear a customer is using 20/20 inks we tell them we won't work on it until they change to another ink.

VanderJ,

Would this cause it to completely empty the cartridge though? I am getting ready to switch over to a bulk ink system, what inks do you recommend?