• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 black head overspray

dgpartsmall

Hi ,

please check the testing photo, Our printer technician followed the alignment tests directly from the manual yesterday. (head slant, Print adjust 2 x, print adjust 2 y, adj. y si, adj 2 y re, adj 2 y bi...etc. ) The concern is the black shows 2 rows of dots printing on each test and the really odd test was the variable 2 print adjust 2 y si shows the extreme dot pattern that does not make sense.

anyone know this situation?

karen

Attachments

• 20140323_151347.jpg
    20140323_151347.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 162

MikePro

extreme values within the alignment procedures would cause this.
you should be replacing the existing values with the alignment results, not adding to them, and hopefully you are using the right values (which is all +/- decimals, I don't think I have a single whole number in my alignments).

In Variable Drop printing heads fire several drops in rapid succession and these are supposed to combine in flight and all land in the same place. Yours look like they are breaking apart before landing:

A few things to check:

- check that you entered the Head ID
- make sure that the Head Height is correct (excess gap will cause this)
- make sure head is mounted flat (not tited due to a chunk of old ink)
- check quality of cables