• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 doesnt print left to right when high speed

eddyqc

Hello,
My problem it's a bit of complicated to explain but I'll try my best.

I have a mimaki jv3 160S. A couple of years ago I usually print 360x540 6 passes, but eventually the printer start to fail, it did not print Left to Right, (1st pass right to left ok, 2nd pass left to right no print, and so on)

It started to do that only once in a while but eventually it stock doing that always. With the time I found out that when printing in 720x720 (with that resolution the speed is slower) it didnt show the problem, and with the time also I discover that it didnt show the problem when printing around a maximum of 30 inches wide graphics.

So, The printer doesnt show the problem only in two cases:
1) When printing 720x720 high speed off. Any other print mode when higher speed is achieve then it shows the problem.
2) When printing graphics with a maximum of around 30 inches wide (no matter what resolution or speed)

I tried several posible causes, including changing encoder strip, changing encoder sensor, I changed all cables from mainboard to slider also, recently I changed the printheads.

long story short: The problem consist of printing Right to Left it prints, but left to right it doesnt, so the printout is missing half of the passes, but when printing at the very lowest speed (720x720 high speed off) it doesnt fail.

Help with this matter will be highly appreciated because I'm printing at 8 passes hight speed off and I need to print faster than that.

Thank you

Eddy