• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 Error 30?

iajoycecz

Hello!

We're having an issue with our Mimaki JV3-130 PSII. When we boot it up, the display gives us a readout of CARTRIDGKKMMCCYY. It won't let me set it to REMOTE, nor will it allow me to do anything involving printing (cleaning, testing), prompting me with an error 30 every time I try. Has anyone else had this issue or know what it may be related to? I appreciate any insight you might have.

Thank you.

MikePro

inks wouldn't be expired would they?

tried pulling/re-inserting cartridges? does it give any different a readout?

iajoycecz

I've tried removing the cartridges but it doesn't change anything. It's like it isn't even recognizing the cartridges are there. I've even tried disconnecting one of the ribbons that runs from the slider board to the head, and again it doesn't even register.

iajoycecz

Got it

We fixed the problem. It wasn't reading the chips from our bulk ink system so we reset the clock by removing the battery from the main board. If you attempt this be sure to backup your parameters and type settings because you might lose them. Our machine parameters stayed in tact but we had to reenter our type settings.