• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 firewire problem

kunlaci

Hi guys,
recently i had in my workshop a major electricity problem, i got from the electric network a supercharge which blowed via UPS ! my 2 pc's and 2 printers, one of them a mimaki jv3.
i fixed the PC connected to jv3, the connection was via firewire.i use wasatch. the jv3 seems to work ok, Pc is working ok just not toghether :banghead: , wasatch is giving me the error massage nr 2 can not connect via 1394.
i changed the firewire bord in pc. changed 4 firewire cables..nothing.
i'm thinking if the printer's firewire board would be broken , the printer would give an error.
so have no further idea , maybe some of you can help me, thanks!

mchldelf

Hi guys,
recently i had in my workshop a major electricity problem, i got from the electric network a supercharge which blowed via UPS ! my 2 pc's and 2 printers, one of them a mimaki jv3.
i fixed the PC connected to jv3, the connection was via firewire.i use wasatch. the jv3 seems to work ok, Pc is working ok just not toghether :banghead: , wasatch is giving me the error massage nr 2 can not connect via 1394.
i changed the firewire bord in pc. changed 4 firewire cables..nothing.
i'm thinking if the printer's firewire board would be broken , the printer would give an error.
so have no further idea , maybe some of you can help me, thanks!

I was having the same issues, but with a printer I just purchased. Long story short it was the 1394 board in the printer. I had no errors at all. Switched out the board and my printer finally popped up in the device manager.