Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mimaki jv3 firewire problem

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by kunlaci, Oct 17, 2013.

1. kunlaci

kunlaci New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hi guys,
    recently i had in my workshop a major electricity problem, i got from the electric network a supercharge which blowed via UPS ! my 2 pc's and 2 printers, one of them a mimaki jv3.
    i fixed the PC connected to jv3, the connection was via firewire.i use wasatch. the jv3 seems to work ok, Pc is working ok just not toghether :banghead: , wasatch is giving me the error massage nr 2 can not connect via 1394.
    i changed the firewire bord in pc. changed 4 firewire cables..nothing.
    i'm thinking if the printer's firewire board would be broken , the printer would give an error.
    so have no further idea , maybe some of you can help me, thanks!

Tags:
  2. mchldelf

mchldelf New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Stow, Ohio
    I was having the same issues, but with a printer I just purchased. Long story short it was the 1394 board in the printer. I had no errors at all. Switched out the board and my printer finally popped up in the device manager.