• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 Help - Head won't print, capping station won't fill

Lauren

We have a Mimaki JV3 -160S. When I do a test print, the first head will not fire. The capping station and lines won't fill with ink.

What we have tried:

-Replaced the head
-Replaced the pump assembly
-Replaced the slider board
-Switched the cables from head 1 to head 2, they worked on head 2.

Now I'm stuck...I don't have an extra capping station on hand, but that's what I would think to replace next.

Any insight or help is greatly appreciated!
photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
jv3

hmmm.. i have a jv33, ( this sounds familiar..)
but check the vaccuum line? i am pretty sure you might not be getting a good seal....
-mosher

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Does the 3 head model also use 2 pumps? I think it does. Looks like you are either not getting a seal on the head, air leak somewhere, pump failing, or tube from cap top pump or pump to waste tank clogged.

Lauren

Does the 3 head model also use 2 pumps? I think it does. Looks like you are either not getting a seal on the head, air leak somewhere, pump failing, or tube from cap top pump or pump to waste tank clogged.

Yes, it has 2 pumps. We just replaced the vacuum line from the pump to the capping station, no luck.

There is no error showing, but this morning while it was printing, the media ran out, but it stayed connected to the roll so the heads just kept printing over the same line for about 5 minutes. It didn't touch the media/head strike, but since then this problem happened. All of the mechanics are working - the pump works, we can draw ink from the dampers with a syringe, there is a new head that does spray, etc...so I am wondering if there is something with the communication not working.

heyskull

Hi Lauren

I have a JV3 3 head machine like yours that I have been playing around with for the last year.
Which has given me a lot of experience on how these machines work.

By the looks of thing your Black and Magenta head is not getting any ink pulled though by the pump as the cap is clean with no ink showing.
This is either a fault with the cap, the pipes to the capping station and pump or the pump itself of which you have a spare.
First thing to do is check that the pump you have connected is sucking, as it can be a bit confusing what is the suction and what is the outlet/waste pipe.
Once this is confirmed I would attach a syringe to the pipe of the black and magenta cap to confirm you have a proper seal (gently pull).
If you have a seal and you are able to draw ink through using the syringe then you should be able to get printing again.

Also and this happened with me and it drove me nuts but it turned out to be a broken/cracked manifold on the print head and was not able to pull ink properly. Once a new manifold was attached it was working again.

SC