• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 - Never seen this before!!! HELP!

SignsNowOH

Took this picture of the capping station. Looks like the metal screens are torn out. Do we need a new capping station? Can we print with it like this or will we have banding regardless (it's banding right now)?

Attachments

• DSCN0529.jpg
    DSCN0529.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 117

cptcorn

adad
You need to clean that... wow!!!!

That area should not be that gummy... Those 'screens' are removable... so you can put them back... but I bet its from your nasty maintenance habits... wow

Doesn't even look like you have a wiper in it.

MachServTech

get a maint. cleaning kit and clean the hell out of that in every way possible! replace your wiper once every few months.

SignsNowOH

I just started here and this is what I come in to lol. So I can clean around all that and clean the inside out?

gabagoo

just put the screens back in but give them a good cleaning. My capping station looks pretty ratty too, although I follow a high maintenace proceedure every day. The black plastic around the caps starts to get pretty filthy over time but I am hesitant to try and clean it as I am not sure if I am making it worse with possibly damaging the rubber sides around each colour. Can I go in there with a lint free rag and solvent and give it a good rubbing? Jeez that sounds disgusting lol

TheSnowman

Yea, that's pretty trashed. Just don't clean down inside where those screens are...but you can clean the screens themselves...and all around that capping station.

iSign

Yea, that's pretty trashed. Just don't clean down inside where those screens are...but you can clean the screens themselves...and all around that capping station.

yeah... clean all around the rubber seal real good... I had a stretch after I fired a guy & ran the place alone for several busy busy months... & I started to skimp on the mimaki cleaning... my rubber capping station seals got so gummy, the heads started sticking to them enough that 1 or 2 got yanked out after one of those drain purgings... not good. It didn't tear the rubber, so I just put it back on... but you need to clean them real good or it could happen to you too, & if that metal fell wrong, I suppose it could contact the head.

SignsNowOH

Got another problem....cleaned the capping station as you guys suggested. I also did the normal clean around the heads (not touching the heads) and it's banding pretty good....tried a strong clean....still doing it...replaced a fairly clean wiper with a new one...still doing it....what's my next step?

MachServTech

Got another problem....cleaned the capping station as you guys suggested. I also did the normal clean around the heads (not touching the heads) and it's banding pretty good....tried a strong clean....still doing it...replaced a fairly clean wiper with a new one...still doing it....what's my next step?

do a nozzle test, take a close look at all of the little lines. Those are individual nozzles. Do more strong cleans (check your waste ink bottle first) and see if more of the nozzles reappear. If the nozzles are coming and going then it is air in the head, which may mean a bad damper. If they continue to slowly come back continue cleanings.

speedmedia

Yeah you will want to run a test print. If it is bad chances are good that one of those screens hit your head and damaged it. That happened to ours a year or so ago.

Thanks,
Kurt

MachServTech

just put the screens back in but give them a good cleaning. My capping station looks pretty ratty too, although I follow a high maintenace proceedure every day. The black plastic around the caps starts to get pretty filthy over time but I am hesitant to try and clean it as I am not sure if I am making it worse with possibly damaging the rubber sides around each colour. Can I go in there with a lint free rag and solvent and give it a good rubbing? Jeez that sounds disgusting lol

It seems like you might break/damage/misalign stuff while you are cleaning, but the reality is this is not true. Just take your time and be thourough. Clean really well once a week with a bottle of Acetone and a lint free cloth. Make sure you use gloves and a pair of safety glasses. You will be amazed at how consistent your printer will become.

jdigital

do a nozzle test, take a close look at all of the little lines. Those are individual nozzles. Do more strong cleans (check your waste ink bottle first) and see if more of the nozzles reappear. If the nozzles are coming and going then it is air in the head, which may mean a bad damper. If they continue to slowly come back continue cleanings.

You may want to run a custody wash and soak your heads for a 1/2 hour or so. This may help get your nozzles back. Also, try running a disway wash to check if your lines under the capping station are free from dried up ink. From the looks of your pic you may need to do this.

If your banding is still there. Check your test draw to see which head is missing nozzles. I've had a similar issue and took the head out, attached a hose with a syringe to the damper nipple and SLOWLY push mimaki cleaning solution through the head. You do not want to force solution through because it could damage the nozzles.

MachServTech

I've had a similar issue and took the head out, attached a hose with a syringe to the damper nipple and SLOWLY push mimaki cleaning solution through the head. You do not want to force solution through because it could damage the nozzles.

I have had good results with this method and a stainless steel ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (and acetone) this may not be something you want to tackle without a service manual though.

SignsNowOH

i will have to tomorrow....too tied up in getting jobs out right now to work on it at the moment. thanks all for the help so far.

eddesign

screens from hell

Ive had my jv3 160 for four years now and the screens keep poping
out i clean my unit every day damaged four heads from screens hitting
heads all been coverd by service contract just had unit service by tec.
and replace capping station and pumps and screens pop out and damaged
all four heads tec. had to put four new heads in tells me it is a poor design
with screens took out screens alltogether he said you my get a few drops
of ink on print but been runing for 6 weeks with no ink droping on prints

Case

I hear Mimaki has screens with clips on them that can clip in the capping station now so they don't keep coming out.... If your dealer has a lot of the old screens in their stock, ask them to order new ones with the clips from Mimaki direct, I think it is the same part number and it is the only ones they make now....

Case

Wyocarol

Don't know if you got a reply to this over a year ago but those actually do come out. Although you should not try and do but since it did then tak advantage of situation by soaking up the ink with clean dry cotton swabs DO NOT RUB just dab to soak it up. Then use your cleaning solution and clean "AROUND" each cap. Clean the screens in the same solution and "DROP" them back into place. My worry would of been that when the screens came up did they hit the heads... Check that your system isn't purging back thru the waste lines. They could of burped but I doubt it. My guess is there might of been something stuck to the head and when it went to cap off that the culprit got wedged in there and some ink might of dried or the heads might of had dried ink on them and when it capped stuck to the screens and pulled them up. I clean every morning, print out the test print and save it in a note book and have an on going record of how it has run every day in case I do have a tech guy come out or they want to see what it was doiing days before. I just scan it and send it to them. Let me know what did take place.. Carol @ TopsyqreT Dezigns

RippinPC

If your screens keep popping out you have a problem. Cleaning, alignment, etc. This is a very risky/expensive situation as it can easily scratch the bottom of the heads.