• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 Nightmare

Bdaniels230

Alright so here's the thing.
The company I work for has had this printer since
cerca 2006. we use a 3rd party ink which usually works...usually:frustrated:... hasn't had a single new head until i started here, and it needed them bad:ROFLMAO:. now that we have installed the heads (yes the head ranks are correct) after a few prints the CC head decided to start banding across the Y axis and somehow the machine's mother board recived a terminal error. After droping the cash for a used mother board and refilling the lines it looked to be up and running again. I got confident that the printer would ...well you know... print. So i left it to print a few jobs overnight I started the first job around 3:30pm. it looked great and the second banner started up around closing time, everything seemed normal so i let it do its thing.
low and behold i walk in this morining to see my colors fade to nothing and a head error report on the MM. I panic :omg: and turn off the machine, check the ribbons, check for anything out of the ordinary and come up with nothing so i let the system sit offline and unpluged for about 20minutes turn it back on and i get a straight band across the Y axis of M* ....same S#!t that happend about a month ago just M instead of C.
I'm hesitant to do anything else to this printer because i know what happened next the last time this happened.
anyone have any suggestions:help
because i'm about to shove it into the 4-way intersection out front and watch it explode into oncomming traffic:clapping:.

P.S. sorry for grammaticall errors, spelling errors, and your general run on sentences.

artbot

first off get your spare mother board repaired and put it on ebay. ...couldn't tell from the message, ..you put new heads all the way across?

Bdaniels230

according to the tech the old motherboard was "unrepairable" and boss man allowed the tech to have it so he could use it for spair parts.

All heads where replaced and printed fine for about 2 weeks until all holy hell broke loose

Bdaniels230

called tech, said" switch ribbon cables of problem head with a head that is working properly to see if its a problem with just the head or something else" I switched the ribbons out and i'm having the same problem of M banding seems we must get yet another new head...this machine will be the death of me.

artbot

i'd bet that board has been repaired. with the M data banding? or the M head banding with different data. by error report you mean error 07?

artbot

keep in mind that data swaps are limited in that the print head port end of the cable stays the same. if you have damage to the data cable or port at that end the data swap will not tell you anything. 90% chance the head is dead. except i'm looking at the first paragraph... "about a month ago just M instead of C" you mean C instead of M??? and did this C end up being tested and okay?

Bdaniels230

Yes just spoke backwards sorry,
yes we checked the C head and it checked out fine turned out the motherboard fried on us.
after i recived the new motherboard it ran ok and out of left field M has decided to band. I am now recieving NO errors on the dispaly yet it is still banding.

Bdaniels230

i dont know what happened over the weekend...i dont really care but i came in this morning test printed and it seems to be operational....
so looks like it fixed itself?