• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3 Permanent Chips Not Reading

fusion

hi i have a mimaki jv3 160sp and decided to change it over to bulk ink system but im having problems, i am using ss2 ink chips permanent but the printer will not recognize the chips is this due to the firmware on the jv3,
the firmware is v6.1 will i need to down grade the firmware if so can were do i download firmware.
regards

heyskull

I think it will probably be due to the date on the machine.
If I remember you can reset the date by removing the bios battery on the main board.
You have to remove the firewire card before you can access this.
This question has been asked before, I would advise a search through previous posts.

SC

gabagoo

How long have you been running perma nent chips because they are not permanent from my experience

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no such thing as a truly permanent chip for Mimaki. Most 3rd party chip makers can get around the security but the firmware on the machine also requires an expiration date which has to be changed every once in a while to trick the machine. A chip cannot do this on it's own and requires an emulator to be installed on the machine. Then if you can figure that out, the firmware also remembers the serial number of each chip and that serial number has to change every time the emulator tells the machine that a new virtual cartridge is being installed. The emulator can trick the machine with this as well but it eventually runs out of unused serial numbers and the emulator itself has to be refreshed with new ones. Most "permanent" chips that don't come with an emulator just last for 1 - 2 liters and by then the people who sold you them have run off with your money.

fusion

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.
I have been using original ss2 ink and just now decided to try perminent chips but it does not work. I did remove the bettery but no luck, when i reinstall the original ink everything works as it should. Do you think its a firmware issue because the mimaki is using v6.1 and i did read some where that i would need to downgrade to v3.1 if this is the case does anyone have firmware v3.1 and how do i install.
Thanks

gabagoo

If the problem persists and you need to print then you can run a once only chip for about $10

What does the readout on the printer say?