• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 problem - how do determine missing head ID / rank?

spencer2004

I have just had to replace a couple of heads on my Mimaki JV3-75 but I have been unable to enter the correct head IDs which I think is causing some print quality issues. The manifolds on the heads have been changed as they were damaged and as the head ID stickers were on the manifold they have been lost.

Is there a way to figure out the head ID by increasing the value of each digit until the print quality improves or something?

JSNGraphics

You have to enter it into maintenance mode. I have a 160-SP, so i'm not sure its exactly the same, but all you have to do is hold the function and remote key when it boots up. You'll hear a beep. Once it boots up hit function, then scroll up until you find the head ids.

Robert M

head rank

it's alfa numeric with 18 digits so not sure how long that would take. The rank will only give slight, if any changes to the way the head fires. Did you do all the alignments per the tech manual?