• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 sp 160 wont startup.

symbol

Machine was in working condition, but when we clean an old ink from data cable and connect it with printhead the machine wont go on.
We disconnect data cable and some pins have come together in conector of print head.
We change the data cable but nothing change.
The green start button is ok but the machine wont startup.
Can you give me some advice what to check, is there any fuses to check?

MikePro

hard to say, without knowing much more about what actually happened during your "service" of the machine.
We disconnect data cable and some pins have come together in conector of print head.
does this mean you had a bad re-insert of ribbon cable, bending the connectors in the printhead?

if you don't reconnect the data cables properly, you would be experiencing this issue.
this also includes introducing anything else but the ribbon cable into the connection, such as cleaning solution or printer ink. ...in which case, you may have ruined a printhead.
those ribbon cables are really good at channeling a drop of solution into the electrical connection.

also, if you did not power-down the machine properly before working on the electrical components (like you would a computer, discharge ALL power & static) then you may have fried a board/printhead

symbol

Hello MikePro,
The machine was shut down and discharge ALL power & static during the service.
As you said, bending the connectors in the printhead? this has happened.

When JV3s fail to start up like the way you describe then it usually means that there is a short-circuit in the lines that provide power to the print-heads. If you're lucky, then you may just have fried the print (this may not sound very lucky but it's still better luck than having damaged the Main Board) - Test for this by disconnecting all the cables that go from the Slider PCB to the Print Heads (I would disconnect at the Slider as it's easier to access and you won't have live cables dangling around where they could short against each other). Turn the printer on and it should boot up and give you an "ERROR 07" indicating that it can't see the print heads. If you don't get this, i.e. you still just get the glowing green button and nothing else then you have probably shorted one of the transistors on the Main PCB :(

You can also re-try the test with all the 40-pin cables disconnected from the Slider PCB, but make sure to protect the live ends of them before powering on. If this works and you get the "ERROR 07" then you've got a damaged Slider PCB.

Hope this helps!

MikePro

those ribbon cables have grooves in them that are perfect channels to direct ink down to the connections in the printhead.
any time you remove the dampers from the printhead, you run the risk of dripping ink into electrical components.
you may have cleaned the cable, but the connections may have been shorted out. new printhead is most likely.

cheap solution before printhead replacement, is ribbon cable replacement ....just to confirm that you didn't simply crease the cable or have bad contacts.
if you have any old printheads lying around, you could also try hooking them up to the electrical/data to see if the machine will allow you to power-up, without going through the entire replacement procedure to diagnose.

kensign

hi i bought a mimaki cjv30-130 old,was working great.cutting ,but not the printing. The print head is dry out. i try long time and finally got some test print out, then i took off the print head and clean it for a long time with pressure and solution and i knew i blown it. I put it back after clean it , right away show up error code 06 and i turn on and off couple of times. Then the machine went into comma, control panel all dead, won't start up, no power up, no boot , no lights on inside the back all the mainboard ,nothing at all . I know i must have some solution or things on the print head board or leaking and blown it because try to many times, but i potect the ribbons and boards from the print head to the slider board, no damage or drippings, no bending, I knew that,But now only the one led light on show red on the slider board, and the button green light on and when press it has sound, so i think the power on, but not the mainboard, anyone know how to slove it, i diconnect the ribbons from the print head to the slider board or from the slider board to the main board, still nothing. will a new print head make it back to life , it has green light on front but thats it. Please help, so much appreciated

thank you

diarmuidrobson

hi i bought a mimaki cjv30-130 old,was working great.cutting ,but not the printing. The print head is dry out. i try long time and finally got some test print out, then i took off the print head and clean it for a long time with pressure and solution and i knew i blown it. I put it back after clean it , right away show up error code 06 and i turn on and off couple of times. Then the machine went into comma, control panel all dead, won't start up, no power up, no boot , no lights on inside the back all the mainboard ,nothing at all . I know i must have some solution or things on the print head board or leaking and blown it because try to many times, but i potect the ribbons and boards from the print head to the slider board, no damage or drippings, no bending, I knew that,But now only the one led light on show red on the slider board, and the button green light on and when press it has sound, so i think the power on, but not the mainboard, anyone know how to slove it, i diconnect the ribbons from the print head to the slider board or from the slider board to the main board, still nothing. will a new print head make it back to life , it has green light on front but thats it. Please help, so much appreciated

thank you

Hi, I had same problem with jv3. Sent my main board and slider board to Kent at macmedia and repaired it. Contact him at kent@macmedia.com he should be able to help.

PS.. Soak your printheads in solution until the board is returned.