• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 SP bulk system and chips

sonix

jv3 color chip

Hi,

few weeks ago i have bought mimaki jv3-160SP from deutsch as second hand printer. When i bring printer home i have decided to demount bulk ink system. When i dismount plexi holder for bottle ink and ink bottles with ink tubes, i wanted to look at chips. When i unplug plastic cartrige, there is no chip on that cartrige. but when i look into the slot for the cartrige, there are two contacts for that chip on the side. The ink system was connected as follow: from ink bottle is one ink tube directly to "Y" splitter and then continue two ink tubes directly to printhead. this connection is for all colors. There are no chip for color.

Is possible to have mimaki jv3-160SP with bulk system without chips though there are chips readers? Is possible to bypass that chips using some custom firmware or etc? The bulk ink system you can see on this few images.

View attachment 90840 View attachment 90839 View attachment 90841

im sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

sonix

Looks like a Jerry rig/homemade

Why don't you just call who ever you bought it from and ask them what bulk system it is.

because the man who had this machine before me is critically sick and the person who sold it to me don't know nothing about it. The most important questions are second and third. The name of manufacturer is only for my personal knowledge.

sonix

Looks like a Jerry rig/homemade

the seller told me, when they bought the printer as new, there was this bulk ink system. But i don't know, how it should work, if there is no chip / emulator. It was connected directly to printheads.

On the "cartridge" isn't space for chip, but on front of the cartridge is "Never remove the cartridge".

View attachment 90881

Last edited:

sonix

so i have solved it. The problem was in firmware version - i had one of the first firmware (version 3.10.1). This firmware doesn't check ink level.