• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 switching from 8 cartridges to 4

Have a mimak1 jv3 160sp. Running the 8 cartridges. 2 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow. We find ourselves not using this machine as much now. Can i switch to only four cartridges? 1 of each? Is there a setting to do this? I cant find it!!

rubo

if your RIP allows for custom ink set, do that and fill the other four with cleaning solution.
I do that with Epson 9800 - 8 color running in CMYK only.

Matt-Tastic

Have a mimak1 jv3 160sp. Running the 8 cartridges. 2 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow. We find ourselves not using this machine as much now. Can i switch to only four cartridges? 1 of each? Is there a setting to do this? I cant find it!!

no.

each ink cartridge feeds one channel of the print head (each head has a left and right channel). if you take out one of each cartridge, half of each printhead wont fire ink. Also, the machine will ask for those cartridges every time you try to print, and won't output.

if you don't use it enough to keep ink in it, perhaps you should get rid of it.