• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 take up reel

wildside

I started about a 30 ft run of prints before leaving for lunch. Got it set up on the take up reel and took off. I came back to a pile of folded material onthe floor...the take up reel never spun.

It has always worked in the past, it spins when i physically turn it, and then for a few minutes does its job, then it will stop until i physically get it to start again....

has anyone else ever had this problem, i mean i am stumped as to why it would do this in the first place, tempted to take the cover off and see whats happening inside.....anyone.......

gabagoo

There is a way to tighten the take up wheel, not sure I can remember how to do it, check the manual. What a bummer. I caught mine doing that on banner material last week, but in my case the roll was getting to heavy for the motor to turn.

ChicagoGraphics

Wildside......To tighten up the tension that white knob on the take up roller twist it towards the back of the machine, unless you need to loosen turn backwards. Otherwise you might need a new motor

wildside

Is the take-up reel on? What happens if you you reverse the direction?

when i flip it the other direction it goes about a half turn and stops, then i manually roll it with my hand, and then another half turn on its own, then it stops, this was an overnight change, worked and now it doesn't.

bought this thing a month ago...hmmm....

janelingling

Do you want to replace or add a take up system ? China local made take up system , I have, I can offer you US$420/pc , FOB Guangzhou.:)

PGilleland

Did you get this problem resolved?
I have the very same problem - pretty much word for word with what you said.
I had the take up reel and motor replaced with a new one from Mimaki about 4 days ago. On the second day, the new one started doing the same thing. The next day it worked. We have checked all the standard obvious resolutions (we believe) - it just quits at random. I think there is another problem going on, but so far no luck finding the solution.

wildside

well, we had actually put it off and just dealt with it, all this time ...

what i did find on this one, is the upper gear was dragging against the bearing, took the cover off, loosened two screws inside and worked perfectly fine, but still got a replacement, can't say enough about having a factory warranty!

the replacement all seems good so far...

jdsignco

Take Up Reel

I had the same problem, worked one day, then it progressively got worse. I took mine apart and put some wheel bearing grease, on the gears and that straightened it out.

ICEdesign

well after hearing this..im a lil scared. Just before i left work i sent 26 36x54in banners and 4 36x72in banners...i hope all is well in the morning :O

ICEdesign

ya mine turned out fine..but i actually got really lucky. I didnt have enough material for the whole job but the black ink crapped out on me over night and stopped the job like halfway through with only like 15ft of material left :D

uneedasign

I had the same thing happen last month. It was in the clutch. No matter how tight I adjusted the clutch, it would still stop intermittently. It was just replaced under warranty. No more problems.