• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3

BRUSHMARKS

Having problems with our 04 mimaki jv3 130 sp2. running lyson 1300 series ink. we have been prining close to a kelly green, part way through, it got more of a lime green. So we realized 1 cyan quit. we cleaned every thing and tryed again, fine for a few feet same thing. I replaced 1 damper and was fine printed about 40 ft. next day sent a new job, same thing but other head, so replaced that damper, and it fine. next day went to print that file again with the kelly green, 5 ft in both stop and file is solid yellow. pull all covers off around the cyan cartridges and pull dampers out checked O rings, and syringed the ink through the dampers, also put in 2 new cyan cartridges. there is no air in lines. still getting only a little cyan to print when i do test print. any idea what else it could be?

artbot

pull some ink directly from the bottom of the syringe. when you remove the syringe does the cyan camper polyester membrane remain concave or relax? if it remains concave, you probably have some restriction on that cart/line.

also, to diagnose ink starvation, swap damper/lines with a working head. like yellow to cyan an vice versa. see if suddenly the yellow starts dropping, etc. this can isolate the issue above or below the head.

BRUSHMARKS

pull some ink directly from the bottom of the syringe. when you remove the syringe does the cyan camper polyester membrane remain concave or relax? if it remains concave, you probably have some restriction on that cart/line.

also, to diagnose ink starvation, swap damper/lines with a working head. like yellow to cyan an vice versa. see if suddenly the yellow starts dropping, etc. this can isolate the issue above or below the head.

Is it bad to run yellow through the cyan head and cyan through the yellow?

BRUSHMARKS

I just switched the yellow and cyan around and printed 100% cyan and 100% yellow, for about 12 ft with yellow (cyan head) just missing alittle, then did a heading cleaning and now test print is fine. any thoughts

artbot

if your cyan head is missing with yellow ink hooked up to it (yellow is dropping out) than you know you don't have a supply problem. that head probably has a clogged pump line or bad cap top, etc.

are you running cmykx2? or lm lc? i don't know what ink is going to what cap...

BRUSHMARKS

if your cyan head is missing with yellow ink hooked up to it (yellow is dropping out) than you know you don't have a supply problem. that head probably has a clogged pump line or bad cap top, etc.

are you running cmykx2? or lm lc? i don't know what ink is going to what cap...
cmykx2

i took a syringe and pulled cyan out at the pump. i tryed with an eye dropper putting cleaning fluid in the capping station and all 4 spots the fluid runs right through. and about a year ago we ran out of ink and to keep head wet we put cleaner in the capping station capped head and turn the main power off on machine until we got more ink. it held fluid when we did that.