• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3160S will not print after head replacement?

expresssign

Ok, i have worked on this printer a LOT. it was in storage for over a year because we upgraded to another and now have a need to get it back up an running. Right now, i have it tore down to the frame...

i flushed (actually replaced) all the ink lines going from the cartridges to the heads. Yes that was a lot of work. I then took all 6 needles that pierce the cartridges out and cleaned them out with an ultrasonic cleaner.

I put in new dampers, new capping station, new pumps, and soaked the current heads for a while in cleaning solution.

I put in NEW ink cartridges, and then fired it up.

I was getting really poor test pattern prints, and after several cleanings, etc, i decided to replace the heads.

I put in two new heads on #1 and #2, and switched the one that was printing the best (still poor though) on LcLm or #3.

Now I am getting NOTHING at all on a test print. However, when i do a "fill up ink" to prime the heads, it pumps ink into the waste bottle. The capping station stays wet with ink, (i even dried it to make sure). i know ink is going through the heads, but cant get it to print a test pattern at all. It will act like it is printing, but nothing.

Any ideas?

radiohead223

are you getting nothng on all heads or only just on the LcLm?

if it is just those heads then i would try a cable cross over and see if you can get something else to rule the it's the slider board or cable that is the problem

expresssign

i am getting nothing on all heads.... cables are right. It printed just before i replaced the heads to clear up the nozzle issue.....

im getting no error messages on anything...

radiohead223

time to call the tech guys.

i've had a similar issues once before and mine didn't end nice. it ended up being that a small amount of fluid had spilt on the head's circuit board and that shorted the slider board and also main board.

i hope that has happened for you

sfr table hockey

Not sure on your printer but do you have head rank numbers to change on new print heads?

Also on the Rolands you did need to do several reg. cleaning cycles to get the print heads loaded to start to print. The first few were blank as well but did gradually start.

MikePro

did you flush out the "transport fluid" from the printheads before installing them? its water-based with blue pigment, and could be fatal for your printhead if you tried running a test print with it still in your printhead.

regardless, try forcing cleaning solution through the print head with a syringe, and then "prime" the printheads with ink with the syringe you've used to draw ink through the lines and through the damper before hooking them up to the printhead.

dlpoling

Sound alot like a slider board, if ink is going through to the waste bottle look at electrical its obviously drawing ink just not firing

lpsdonline

Are the media sensor, knife, and encoder sensor working? I had a similar problem a couple of days ago and solved it by replacing one of the ribbon cables (the one that brings power from the main board).