• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3250spf

digitalpixel

hi
i just bought used jv3250 , just wondering about rip for double roll printing and white ink support printing . Which rip is the best. I have onyx 7.2, flexisign 8.5.

any recommendatons,

also bulking ink system any comment good or bad or should i stay with ss2 inks. also any one have any problems with printing white ink.

ColesCreations

Hi.
We have a JV3-160.
Unless you NEED the white ink, forget it! It sucks.
It clogs, and I think the cartridges only last around 2 months if you don't use them, and they are twice as expensive as regular SS2 ink. If you expect only a couple white jobs / month, you're better off saying no.
We bought it to have an edge over the competition, thinking it would be like printing white with our Summa. But- nothing like it.
Search this forum, you'll find a lot more info.

Go with dual CMYK!

Dice

Jv33-160 here.

Stick with Onyx. Flexi doesn't do good color.

Stay with stick with the ss2 inks until your comfortable with the machine. You need to establish a baseline so you know what is good before venturing into the area of bulk inks. I myself have not ventured into that area and I've never read anything good about them, but really can't say. Most of the time people mention quality issues with the bulk ink systems.

Wouldn't attempt white unless you use it each day or every other day. On the Jv33 you go to half speed with white ink and it's just not worth it unless your printing clear static or vinyl all the time.

Mimaki's do beautiful work in CMYK alone. I agree with the dualies.

digitalpixel

i did have jv3 160 , just upgraded to 98", never tried the contour cut on onyx, i like flexisign for just doing print and cut jobs only