• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv33-130 Digital Printer

what are the most common problem with Mimaki printer?

• how much it worth

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • printer head

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

SALVATORE

Dose anybody owns a Mimaki JV33-130 Digital Printer here, I have a guy offer me one, I do not have to much knowledge about the printer, I did I little research but did not get to much Inf. but I would like to hear some comments from you guys, so I was wandering if it will be a good deal to buy ??, it is a 54" print and I as far as i know this model has been discontinue, he mentioned to me that he purchased 3 years ago and has low hours work on it , and the reason that he is selling is because he getting a bigger machine , any help I will appreciated at advanced , also what is the life time of Mimaki's print heads Thanks to take the time to read this post.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The JV33 in my opinion was a great machine for the dye sub guys. The main thing you need to be concerned with is: what inks were being ran, and how are the printheads?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Dose anybody owns a Mimaki JV33-130 Digital Printer here, I have a guy offer me one, I do not have to much knowledge about the printer, I did I little research but did not get to much Inf. but I would like to hear some comments from you guys, so I was wandering if it will be a good deal to buy ??, it is a 54" print and I as far as i know this model has been discontinue, he mentioned to me that he purchased 3 years ago and has low hours work on it , and the reason that he is selling is because he getting a bigger machine , any help I will appreciated at advanced , also what is the life time of Mimaki's print heads Thanks to take the time to read this post.

We have 2 JV-33's and they are workhorses. No they aren't quick, but they don't break down in my experience. Ours are 6+ years old and still print great. In the 3 years I've been here, I've had very minor issues that were all quickly resolved. Just keep up with the daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and don't run junk ink through them and they keep going and going and going.

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
Thanks BigfishDm to take the time and post!
NEVER buy solvent..I had a jvc33 Mimaki for 8 years Heads cost a fortune ($1000 AU) and so did the Tech to install needed them every 6 months I had TS ink then changed to Ecosol when it became available. Got sick from the poison fumes and sold it after the doctor pointed it out.
It was a mediocre printer slow and poison out gassing took 2 days before lamination. Edges would curl track marks in the print.. Totally bad in most ways..
I would NEVER buy solvent again.. as its a killer
HP is my printer of choice 1500mm wide, No fumes, WATER BASED INKS, dry immediately, ready for laminate if needed straight away change all heads easily for free (heads cost $200 AU) and very fast (x2 of the Mimakiller).. Imagine mounting a print and you stuffed it up....it happens... Mimaki reprint 2 days.... HP reprint 15-20 min
Enough said
Good luck Salvatore. If you buy it make sure you have fans and doors open everywhere..