• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33-130 is shifting image to left so far to its printing on platen

Accel

I am curios if anyone has ever experience this. during a long print runs it seems the image shift to the left all the way till it printing off media. and during where it is shifting the print is getting fuzzy. It doesn't seem to be a tracking issue as paper is in same location as to when it starts. Please if anyone could help it would be appreciated..

artbot

you've got something on the encoder strip and the IR sensor is missing steps and having to step out further and further to make up for the missed steps. when you restart a print it zeros and will start the process again. get a white piece of paper (business card), a magnifying glass and a flashlight. put the paper behind the strip and slowly go down the strip looking for a dot of ink. the encoder is printed on one side (a laser copy microfilm type of print). so one side is just polyester the other side is a bit delicate and should be lightly cleaned with iso.

i have a test print on one of my hard drives that is tiny 1 pixel lines that print across the platen. with a print like this you can directly locate when the printer first lost a step. the printer should be in 360x360 one pass to make the results easy to see.

occasionally the IR sensor is at fault. but the symptoms are erratic in that case.

Accel

Well I really appreciate the input. I have cleaned the strip and as of now no problems...
Thanks again for taking to time to reply!