• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33-130 Lines showing up in print.

Devlinjay

I have a mimaki jv33-130 using ss21 4 color inks. The printer runs at least 8hrs everyday. Yesterday in the middle of a print I start getting black lines showing up after every pass. I stop and do a full cleaning, replace the wiper and sponge. Same thing happens after about 6 or 8inches of printing. Did a 90 min. flush twice, cleaned it again. Same issue. Prints perfect for about 6 or 8inches and then the black lines start appearing again. Went to do a cleaning again and noticed that the head looked messy. (pictures attached) Cleaned the head again (picture attached) ran for about 8inches and the lines started again. I've attached pictures of the print issue. I'm leaning towards a head issue because I notice there is just way more ink on the head then normal after hours of printing vs 8inches of print. Has anyone ever had this issue and can point me in the right direction for a solution.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160102_130453_resized.jpg
    20160102_130453_resized.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 883
  • 20160102_131449_resized.jpg
    20160102_131449_resized.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 776
  • 20160102_134152_resized.jpg
    20160102_134152_resized.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 804
  • 20160102_130919_resized.jpg
    20160102_130919_resized.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 749
  • 20160102_131507_resized.jpg
    20160102_131507_resized.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 717
  • 20160102_134301_resized.jpg
    20160102_134301_resized.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 747

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What does the nozzle check look like? You could have some cross contamination going on that would cause this type of issue. Also, take a good look at the wiper area while the printer is printing. The wiper should be out of the way of the head. If it is not, the head will scrape the wiper as it passes and cause ink to build up on the head. Check for anything the head may be hitting while printing, like a sponge or the media guides as well.

Devlinjay

What does the nozzle check look like? You could have some cross contamination going on that would cause this type of issue. Also, take a good look at the wiper area while the printer is printing. The wiper should be out of the way of the head. If it is not, the head will scrape the wiper as it passes and cause ink to build up on the head. Check for anything the head may be hitting while printing, like a sponge or the media guides as well.

Nozzle check is perfect. The wiper is out of the way. I talked to a technician today who said it looked to him like I have a damper that is malfunctioning. After a few inches of printing a brand new capping sponge is completely soaked and dripping with ink. I will update this post after the technician arrives tomorrow.

Thanks.

Brink

I assume you using Rasterlink.

Does the problem present if you drop overprint down to 1x? Could it be too many passes over the same area?

Heaters are hot? Could the preheat or bed heat be cold so the ink does not dry fast like it should? Is overprint is spraying ink onto areas still wet with ink causing it to splash back up to the head?

Vacuum is on and set strong enough to hold this media down to the printbed? In other words, slight head strike?

Wish I had the answer for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Nozzle check is perfect. The wiper is out of the way. I talked to a technician today who said it looked to him like I have a damper that is malfunctioning. After a few inches of printing a brand new capping sponge is completely soaked and dripping with ink. I will update this post after the technician arrives tomorrow.

Thanks.

That is the next thing I would change out. Sounds like the tech is on the right track.

Devlinjay

Update. The technician changed all the dampers and the problem still was occurring. He then installed a new head and the printer is working perfect.

TheSnowman

Ugh, that's brutal. I hate hearing people had to replace a head cause I hated it when they had to do mine. Well, I liked it, I hated paying for it.