• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-130 prints skew after

Bitrite

Hi All,

Ok i have a really odd problem at the moment on both of my JV33-130s'.
I will send a print to the Rasterlink 4 server for Printer1 and its starts printing fine, then after a while it looks as if the print warps, the margin will move to the right (towards the capping station). this happens on printer 2 as well, the funny this is that these printers are running on 2 different computers.

now i have updated the Firmware, updated drivers, changed media, cleaned all the sensors replaced the encoding strip on printer1 then thinking that it seemed to be a data problem i installed and additional PIC USB card to test and replaced the cables to the printers.

both computers are using corel x4 we have even gone as far as reinstalling that.

i have done DropPOS alignment, also i have added a few images of what the prints look like.

any Ideas suggestions would be awesome!

Attachments

• IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0203.jpg
    IMAG0203.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 140

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Clean your encoder strip on both machines..coincidence I think for it to happen on both..:thumb:
Tekkie1

Bitrite

Hi Guys,

sorry for the delayed response i found the issue the Encoding Strip on the 1 was damaged and area of the strip had been rubbing against the sensor, replaced the strip and positioned the sensor all sorted the other printer is still printing skew though not stepping like the attached imaged. the media will run straight but the print will slowly move to the one side so if you print a 30m banner at the end you will have 300mm of unprinted area and on the other 10mm and the print started in the middle of the media, still trying to work that one out.

But shot the the help once again you guys rock!