• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33-130 stops printing one color

Garfield

Hello there,

I am new to the use of printers in my sign business, have been doing decals on vinyl for 15 years and want to expand. I have purchased a JV33 and have set it up nicely. First prints came out quite well, although of course a lot of learning to do.

Today I was ready to do the first sign and was quite surprised to see the color yellow stopping halfway the print. I did the testprint and both the yellow nozzel rows do not print the test print. I also did the fill routine, and that did not make any difference.

I was wondering of any of the experts on this forum might have a clue. I don't believe that all of a sudden the head decides to clog up two rows of nozzles at the same time.

DougWestwood

Nozzle Wash

Hi There,

We have a Mimaki and usually when several lines of the test print do not appear, it's due to the nozzles being plugged. Happens often over the weekend.

Nozzle wash usually brings them back. Try five minutes for the soak (it will prompt you).
Please reply with results.

Good Luck!
- Doug
FastSigns, Vancouver

Garfield

Hello again,

Thank you for the replies.

All the yellow stopped printing during the print, so both rows of nozzles at the same time. That doesnt sound like a normal blockage, it seems like no ink is coming from the cartridges, thats why I did a fill action, both are full and the lights are on green.

Does it make sense to expect a vapor lock in the tubes maybe, or are there other common reasons that all the ink stops flowing. If that is the case, is there a way to test the inkflow ?

The printer does not come up with any errors.