• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 63" Vs Mutoh ValueJet 1614 - 64""

scene329

I've learned it's better to service your machine yourself. All sales reps will tell you what you want to hear to make the sale. We currently have a Mutoh 1304 and are in the process of adding a second printer (1614). Our sales rep started out great and over the course of the last 2 months it's been more and more difficult to get ahold of him and our service tech.

So, we've learned alot about our equipment. One thing to watch.. don't let your machine run below 5% ink and leave it over a long weekend. The auto cleanings will actually make your Monday morning a nightmare! We've experienced an ink contamination issue 4 times over the course of the past 5 weeks.

Advice.. first, make sure your printer is running all day.. second, if you are running your machine all day change your auto cleanings to every 12 hours. Third, never leave your machine with 5% of ink over the weekend to run auto cleanings otherwise you'll have an ink contamination issue when you do a nozzle check Monday morning.

To resolve this issue simply do a light charge to clean the lines and you should be good to go. However, the best way to avoid this is to put a new ink cartridge in and replace it first thing when you return to use up the low ink cartridge.

Hope this helps.. Overall I think the Mutoh's print quality and speed is amazing. Just make sure you take care of your machines and pay the extra money to have someone make sure they know your machines inside and out. You'll save yourself time and money in the long run.