• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki jv33-160 Ink cartridges

Galo F ullauri

Screenprinter/Graphic Designer
i have a jv33-160 that my company just bought and would like to know if i have to change ink cartridges every 2 months as the ink expires according to the manufacturer or is it possible to reset the chips on the cartridges. i have a 4 color printer with solvent inks and the cartridges are full but the printer wont do a test print and says there is an error with the cartridges. the manufacturer says the issue is with the inks and the expiration date (oldest cartridge is from 2017) but i cant see how this is economically feasible considering what 8 large cartridges cost with a replacement every 2 months. i also want to know if i can use solvent ink cartridges from other companies or is simply best to stick with mimkai's line of inks? Any advice and tips would be great.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You don't have to change them every 2 months. 2 months is how much time they give you once the cartridge is actually expired. Usually when you buy new cartridges you get anywhere from 8 months to a year+. The easiest way would be to find someone who sells the chips. Usually 3rd party manufacturers sell them. Plenty of people use 3rd party inks in Mimaki printers.

SALVATORE

No sure on what mode you have your Printer setter up , But you could set the printer by recognize empty Cartridge instead of ink expires !so you do not have to buy any chips...I hope this helps

Galo F ullauri

Screenprinter/Graphic Designer
No sure on what mode you have your Printer setter up , But you could set the printer by recognize empty Cartridge instead of ink expires !so you do not have to buy any chips...I hope this helps

thanks for the advice! how do i set the printer up in that mode? im new when it comes to using this machine and all this help is greatly appreciated

Texastech

thanks for the advice! how do i set the printer up in that mode? im new when it comes to using this machine and all this help is greatly appreciated

You can’t set up a mode for the printer to recognize the amount of ink left. Each time the printer runs a cleaning, print, test print, etc. It writes to the chip of how much ink has been used. But as stated above most dealers will send you ink that have a shelf life of at least 8months until they are expired. As long as you have the inks in your printer prior to that date you will be able to use that ink for roughly 60 more days passed expiration.