Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JV33-160 Streaks on Prints with Dark Background

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ff1to16, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ff1to16

ff1to16 New Member

Nov 21, 2013
    No luck here. Still have the same problem regardless of the print media. I only use Mimaki ink. It's driving me crazy... :banghead:

2. Adrenalinemisfit

Adrenalinemisfit New Member

May 23, 2013
    Huntsville Alabama
    Here is my emaill, sales@metrosignsofhuntsville.com -Alan,... Email me and lets try to share what we have done to eliminate all that we have tried. tects have not helped and all that is posted on here has not worked for me either. I just replaced all the rollers, dampers,cap, and data cable to the head. After replacing the roller it cleared up, but after a few days it looks like its slowly trying to show back up.

3. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    No one has mentioned it yet, but could the rollers use a cleaning with alcohol to remove the ink? I get them from time to time too but they are so faint...if they really bother me I clean them off carefully with a Q tip and alcohol...if that fails sometimes cleaning solution will work although be careful as it could damage the vinyl

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I don't believe this, but not 5 minutes after posting this I went downstairs to laminate some prints and there they were!!! the off black hazy line segments....alcohol works well...just say'n

5. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    This isn't a static problem, your head is misfiring. Even if the test print looks OK, a misfire can still occur. It's time to replace the head that is causing the streaks.

6. bobvtx

bobvtx New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Troy, MI
    We had the same issue. We adjusted the head height for thicker material and forgot to set it back. Just adjust the head height to the thin position and that should take care of your problem.