• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 Streaks on Prints with Dark Background

ff1to16

any news on your problem? I have been getting the same thing for the past year on my jv33. I have also tried everything that you have. I even took off all of the roller and soaked them in water with alittle dawn dish washing soap and scrubbed them with a tooth brush. I printed some test prints and they were not there. It seemed to fix it but the next day i loaded some 3m ij35c and they were back. my test print is almost perfect. Luckly I have another printer that i do all of my dark color printing on. and just use the jv33 for lighter colors.

No luck here. Still have the same problem regardless of the print media. I only use Mimaki ink. It's driving me crazy... :banghead:

Adrenalinemisfit

Here is my emaill, sales@metrosignsofhuntsville.com -Alan,... Email me and lets try to share what we have done to eliminate all that we have tried. tects have not helped and all that is posted on here has not worked for me either. I just replaced all the rollers, dampers,cap, and data cable to the head. After replacing the roller it cleared up, but after a few days it looks like its slowly trying to show back up.

gabagoo

No one has mentioned it yet, but could the rollers use a cleaning with alcohol to remove the ink? I get them from time to time too but they are so faint...if they really bother me I clean them off carefully with a Q tip and alcohol...if that fails sometimes cleaning solution will work although be careful as it could damage the vinyl

gabagoo

I don't believe this, but not 5 minutes after posting this I went downstairs to laminate some prints and there they were!!! the off black hazy line segments....alcohol works well...just say'n

CarNate69

This isn't a static problem, your head is misfiring. Even if the test print looks OK, a misfire can still occur. It's time to replace the head that is causing the streaks.

bobvtx

Hello everyone,

Newbie here. Been trying to solve this problem on my own with no luck. Hoping someone here could help me out.

Whenever I do prints with dark background, sometimes there are streaks on white areas right next to the background. This could be just outside of the print or on white text. I have attached a photo to show this.
It seems the streaks match the positions of the pinch rollers so I'm guessing they're the cause of this but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

I have tried lowering the temperature (which seem to help a little but does not completely solve the problem.), cleaning the pinch rollers but still get this in my prints.

Any help is appreciated (^^;)

View attachment 94552

Nate
We had the same issue. We adjusted the head height for thicker material and forgot to set it back. Just adjust the head height to the thin position and that should take care of your problem.