• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 using Epson DX5 Printhead (from Stylus Photo R2000)

fullwave66

repairs
dont think

Look at the serial number for the old and new printhead. I'm betting your old one was 1st gen lock and the new one is 2nd gen lock. Your decryption card will not work perfectly if this is the case. A band like the one you show is exactly the result.

for the serial about the original printhead what is 14 16 02 01 the date of head look other post the head is second lock, i m so confused :S

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JDcolor

F186000 head with code 13390601 was first locked head.
F186000 head with code
14440301 was second locked head, it is why the decoder can not work.
F186000 head with code 14,200,101 was first locked head.

Jack

t

mkp007

What is the brand of the printer?

The old printhead may have come from a 60in wide printer. It may not have a lock. But the serial number could still be similar.

Try triple checking you ribbon connection from the printhead to the decryption card. If you do not have a decryption card then that is a issue that would explain this too.

for the serial about the original printhead what is 14 16 02 01 the date of head look other post the head is second lock, i m so confused :S

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JDcolor

F186000 head with code 13390601 was first locked head.
F186000 head with code
14440301 was second locked head, it is why the decoder can not work.
F186000 head with code 14,200,101 was first locked head.

Jack

t

fullwave66

repairs
What is the brand of the printer?

The old printhead may have come from a 60in wide printer. It may not have a lock. But the serial number could still be similar.

Try triple checking you ribbon connection from the printhead to the decryption card. If you do not have a decryption card then that is a issue that would explain this too.

i dont know if i have decriptation card i dont know if is the same a decoder card?

but THE BRAND OF THE PRINTER IS SID TRITON 160

attach image of all of mainboards maybe can help me more hehe if i need one decoder card you can tell me what i buy??

what do you recommend me, buy a decoder card or buy a unlocked printhead, i see one unlocked head a low price but is watter bassed, i have change de mainfold but dont i can. thanks for your help.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160919_103946.jpg
    IMG_20160919_103946.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_20160919_103959.jpg
    IMG_20160919_103959.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 378

mkp007

Yes, decoder and decryption is same thing. And you don't have one. Decoder cards are cheap and readily available but they do Not have them for 2nd gen lock yet. 1st gen lock heads are hard to find now. So look for unlocked dx5. If you are using solvent based inks you can not use a water based head.

i dont know if i have decriptation card i dont know if is the same a decoder card?

but THE BRAND OF THE PRINTER IS SID TRITON 160

attach image of all of mainboards maybe can help me more hehe if i need one decoder card you can tell me what i buy??

what do you recommend me, buy a decoder card or buy a unlocked printhead, i see one unlocked head a low price but is watter bassed, i have change de mainfold but dont i can. thanks for your help.
attachment.php
attachment.php