• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help [MIMAKI] JV33-160A INITIAL FILLINGUP ISSUE

smilecth

Manager
Hello. Nice to meet you everyone.

I am using JV33-160A made by MIMAKI.

There's one problem with initial ink filling-up.

I am using CISS(MBIS) with 4 cartridges(CMYK).

After first setup by the seller's engineer, there's no problem with using printer.

The cartridges are installed at 1, 3, 5, 7th bay and the hoses are all connected with each one

like 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 under the ink station.

And then I started the Discharge & Wash Function to eliminate the airbubbles.

But there are many air bubbles in the damper so I changed the 8 dampers with new ones.

After doing Discharge&Wash function, the initial fill up function does not work.

On the display,

"-M-C-Y-K" is on.

(I think the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th cartridges are not installed at bays.)

What should I do? I have already know that adding new cartridges could be helpful,

but there are another way to solve this problem because first setup has no problem.

The ink type is pigment and the ink set is MMCCYYKK.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Hamster

take a photo of your ciss, remove the back cover where the cartridges are installed, and also take a photo of how the tubes are connected

smilecth

Manager
take a photo of your ciss, remove the back cover where the cartridges are installed, and also take a photo of how the tubes are connected
20191204_155839.jpg

This is the front of my CISS system.
20191204_160013.jpg

This is the backside of the CISS system and you can see how the hoses are connected.
20191204_160155.jpg

This is the damper station. The order of color is MCYKKYCM.
20191204_160203.jpg

This picture is the display when power is on.
20191204_160207.jpg

This is the ink set.
20191204_160212.jpg

This is selected display.( The mark "-" is displayed when the cartridge is installed and "M""C""Y""K" means that cartridges are not installed at those bays.

Hamster

Do "function"->"maintence"->"hd.maint"->"fill ink up".
watch the dampers. if ink doesn’t go to the head, then it’s caused in the parking station

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Turn the machine on while holding the Left and Right arrow keys. This will boot in parameter mode. Hit end to back out to the main parameter menu and then scroll down until you see Running Parameters. Hit enter and the look for a parameter called FILLUP. Hit enter and then change the value. If it's set to 1 already change it to a 0. If it is 0 change it to a 1. Hit enter then end and it will write the parameter. Then turn the machine off using the back power switch and then power back on normally.The machine should now boot up as if it's filled.

smilecth

Manager
Turn the machine on while holding the Left and Right arrow keys. This will boot in parameter mode. Hit end to back out to the main parameter menu and then scroll down until you see Running Parameters. Hit enter and the look for a parameter called FILLUP. Hit enter and then change the value. If it's set to 1 already change it to a 0. If it is 0 change it to a 1. Hit enter then end and it will write the parameter. Then turn the machine off using the back power switch and then power back on normally.The machine should now boot up as if it's filled.
Thanks. You are the one of the best technician. The Problem has been solved.