Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JV33-260: mtr.alm y:cnt.over

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by muelli75, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. muelli75

muelli75 Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Austria
    Hi!

Since today we get this error after printing the nozzle-check:

"mtr.alm y:cnt.over"

This appears after printing the check, bevor the printhead returns in his house. The printhead does not return, he remains above the printet testpattern. Then we have to reinitialise the plotter.

Any ideas how we can fix this? Thank you in advance!

Martin

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Y current error. Does the head move freely from left to right when the power is off?

3. muelli75

muelli75 Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Austria
    Hi!

Thank you for your hint! The head moves very hard from right to left. Checked they Y-Motor - it "rattles" very sliently if you move the printhead. Think the Y-Motor is dead, ordered a replacement. I will give feedback if replacing helps (I think so).

Regards, Martin

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You might just need to clean and grease the rail. Also, make sure your encoder strip is clean as well. At the end of the day it could be the motor though.

5. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I suggest you use 3 in one oil or sewing machine oil on the rail. one to two drops only. Grease collects dirt more easily than oil.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. V. V.

V. V. Member

Oct 31, 2018
    Moscow, RU
    Don't spill anything on the rail, never!

There are the special inlets on the liner bearing so you should use a special plunger to add some grease into the bearings.

The is a gear right next to the motor and there are bearings inside, they can be worn out as well.

There is also a possibility to replace the bearings in the motor as far as I remember.

7. muelli75

muelli75 Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Austria
    Hello out there!

Thanks for all answers, here is the solution which worked for us:

We replaced the big gear which directly moves the belt/printhead. The bearing inside the gear did a hard job for years, so it turns stiffly.
    After we changed the gear wheel, the printing noise was much quieter than before - and described error is gone.

Best regards, Martin

8. V. V.

V. V. Member

Oct 31, 2018
    Moscow, RU
    Hehehe, I told you )))) Congrats