• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Auto sleep

StayStuck

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a way to auto turn off a machine after a power failure.

I am going away for a while and will leave the machine in sleep mode. The problem is if there is a power failure, when the power returns the machine turns on and stays on, is there a way of auto putting it back to sleep after a set amount of time? I had this feature on my old roland but can't find it on the Mimaki.

Thanks

Rooster

As long as the green button on the front isn't turned on, the machine shouldn't turn on after a power failure. It may run through a cleaning cycle, but it shouldn't stay on.

StayStuck

Unfortunately mine stays on, never goes back to sleep. Phoned for tech advice and he said there is a way to do it but without being in front on the machine he can't remember how.

I've been through the manual and can't figure out how. They also suggested that I just run a nozzle wash and turn off the power so the head stays in the flush liquid. Would this be ok for 3 weeks with no ink running through the system, he said they do it for their machines for 2 months sometimes.

I am just nervous that if it evaporates the head will dry up. I would prefer it to turn on and auto clean etc. every day but then I still have the problem if the power fails it wont go back into standby when the power returns.

Alti-Plotter

To choose the right size of ups, you need to know at least:
  • power consumption of the printer in sleep mode,
  • maximum power consumption of the printer during self-maintenance,
  • duration of self-maintenance,
  • average duration of power failure in your area or minimum time you want the ups to supply your printer with power and number of self-maintenance cycles during this time.
With this figures you can calculate the minimal size of ups you will need. Generally, the bigger the better but also more expensive.
The ups has to be “fast”, if the switching time between regular power an battery power is to long, your printer might stop the same way it would stop during a power failure.

MikeD

I am under the impression that UPS's provide power for a short period of time only; enough to save the document you are working on and turn your pc off for example. In our office, sometimes the power goes out for hours at a time and the UPS's don't keep things running.
If we are planning on shutting down for a while, we will get the ink out of the lines and put wash liquid in it's place. If your capping station is in good shape, it's seal around the head should prevent the wash evaporating. If you come back to problems, you could always do a long soak.

signage

A UPS is intended for short period of time for either an alternate source to come on. But if they are over sized they can run items for a longer time. This calculation in a little more involved than just the calculations for sizing!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Even with the green light on in the power button it draws hardly any more power than if the button is off. The heaters time out and shut off on their own. After a power loss the heaters would kick back on for a short bit until they time out again. If you do go the UPS route and it's just a smallish UPS then make sure to manually set the heaters to off - press heaters adjust each of the 3 temps to off and press enter. It will remember that setting until it is manually changed again or a print job is sent.