• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Banding issues

Deano1

I am running a JV33 4 colour (2x each of cmyk) which last year had a problem with banding patches which came in waves (most visable on solid colours), i changed the profile i was using from a metamark 720x720 8pass unidircetional to an avery 720x1440 8pass unidirectional and got much better results but now the problem is happening again, I adjusted the heater settings which cured the problem for a while but yet again the problem came back. does anyone have any ideas whats causing it. I'm waiting to speak to an engineer but as I am away after tomorrow i dont really want to leave it to someone else to sort. I am thinking it may be the cyan dampers as its blue colours that seem to be showing the worst at the moment.

Deano1

Thanks for replying, I have attached a couple of images, 1 of the print test and one of the banding problem.

Attachments

• print patch.jpg
    print patch.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 431
  • print test.jpg
    print test.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 422

Cranniga1

We have similar problems, a temporary solution that we found was setting our prints from 16 to 32 passes and making sure that HQ print is selected (This is in Flexi). This will add to the time it takes to print but its worth trying on a solid color test print to see if it helps.

just

MultiBanding

I can see several problems here. Lighter and darker areas probably caused by improper storing of the media. If roll of material lays(especially under pressure) on it's side for a while it's surface changes by areas like this. If this wood like pattern is not just camera optical interference then I'm just positive that this material was stored in wrong condition and maybe accidentally got under a shower. This vertical dark traces of grit rollers say of overheating or static charges problem. And finally this pass-width banding probably caused by dampers. But I would start with replacing media with one I'm sure of.

dmfahie

What is your humidity as well as ink limits set at.
Try turning up the rear heat. We experienced this (similar). Is this consistent with all vinyls or just one type.... are you printing on multiple vinyl types throughout the day or one all the time? Wondering if you need to change your media comp as you change your vinyls. We are luck here, we print on only 2 vinyls so our settings are easy.

Masseria

Same as other said above it would be nice if we could get a closer picture of the passes..
Possible Media Issues
1) Check how and where you storage the media rolls.
2) Check humidity and temp of the room where is beeing printed
3) Try to storage a few rolls of each media & Ink inside the printing room.

Printer Solutions:
1) Check Pre-Heater settings so media can adjust and media-pores can open to recieve ink properly.

If this didnt work:
Make a MediaComp test and send us close picture
Tell us printhead height
And last but not least if printhead is missfiring/bad shooting (dont look like because of testprint but you never know).

shifil_mimak

The banding happens mostly when ur media is not flowing smooth,,,or ur heater temporature is not appropriate,,,,or may be the damper of the respective color got weak...

And ofcorse u can try the newly introduced map settins in the machne jv33 with -10% value...this will make u clear print....

Deano1

Thanks to all who replied, it turned out to be the dampers, they have been replaced and is now printing much better, still some banding but its much harder to see, I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Thanks to all who replied, it turned out to be the dampers, they have been replaced and is now printing much better, still some banding but its much harder to see, I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Thanks again for everyones help.

did you replace the dampers yourself? Do you have any information on switching them out? thanks..