• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 black banding/striping issue

HollySheps

Hello everyone,

We are pretty new to our own in-house printing, and we are currently printing a job that is full red coverage, with a fade. With almost every panel, we are seeing black banding. I have attached a picture to show you what I mean.
The file was eps, we tried pdf as well. We've had someone come in to look at it and they don't know what it is...the file was ruled out as the concern, so was dirt.
Any ideas? Mimaki doesn't seem to be much help in this...

Thanks!

Attachments

• black banding.JPG
    black banding.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 341

HollySheps

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately those don't appear to be the problems...even the technician is stumped...

Tourney Services

When you run a test print do you have black ink flooding into magenta side we had that happen to our JV33 something internally in the head allowed for black ink to creep into magenta chambers. Good Luck.

SAS

Have you tried a new file with just red, like 24x50 just to see how that prints.

MikePro

no expert on the JV33, but I run a JV160 and had the same problem recently...

tech. blamed 3rd party inks, bad batches are common apparently... otherwise potential static issue. he, of course, mentioned that above all else... was prolly a head issue, but listed the other 2 problems as potentials to save me some money before spending 1800bux on a head replacement.

ended up buying my own head for $800 and did it myself... everything works GREAT!

so my question to you is: you are new to printing? so that mean you have a new printer? you should be covered under warrenty by whomever sold it to you. Otherwise if you bought the printer used from someone else... its more than likely that you need a new head.... but then again, i'm not JV33 savvy

COREYAARON

Okay, let's start with the basics....is the ink water based or solvent? You said "full red coverage", to me it says there should be little or no black used....correct? From what it looks like it might be a communication or electrical issue. If you do a test print how does it look? Are all the blocks clean and defined? You should check the voltage under #test-voltage and/or check the head/nozzle temps under #test-temp. This will give you an immediate indication whether you have fried your slider board (the board you head ribbon cables attach to located vertically above the head) or maybe a cable is loose. If the black is printing randomly it is probably one of the latter.