• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Black in Yellow

tpant

I am getting black in the yellow channel. DX5 head left 4 channels are perfect, channel 6 yellow has black at the top of the nozzle check. Ideas?

Thanks
Tom

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160202_114856.jpg
    20160202_114856.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 275

Vinylman

Black in Yellow

In order to give better advise regarding this situation. Could you tell us what steps you took, {EXACTLY} prior to this situation arising.

A DETAILED step by step leading up to your situation will save hours of "did you try this, did you try that".
We can only help you help yourself.

tpant

Just bought the printer. I am thinking it had a head strike. I guess I am wondering can the head leak ink between channels inside head.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just bought the printer. I am thinking it had a head strike. I guess I am wondering can the head leak ink between channels inside head.

Yes and the head sounds like it has a broken wall inside, call your tech for sure!

TomZ

Try a Nozzle Wash and if that dont help you need a new Head the FacePlate is coming off the head leaving the black sept over to the yellow

APCInk

Merchant Member
It very well could be the nozzle plate coming loose, but it could also be the cap top being dirty and sitting on that area of the nozzles, capping adjustment could also cause this if the cap is too high, or if the cap isn't draining fully and is wicking waste ink back into the nozzles from the cap.

Brian Hendricks
American Print Consultants
Business: 818-9-APCINK(27-2465)
Cell: 419-552-0194
Email: brian@apcink.com