• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Cleaning Cartridge Solvent Problem

Lisaonedigital

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer advice on why our cleaning cartridge solvent has stopped flowing, and it may have been a while ago. We installed a new cleaning cartridge and ran the Nozzle Wash cycle but still nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as our print quality is diminishing terribly. Thank you for any help.

mustafade

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer advice on why our cleaning cartridge solvent has stopped flowing, and it may have been a while ago. We installed a new cleaning cartridge and ran the Nozzle Wash cycle but still nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as our print quality is diminishing terribly. Thank you for any help.
During Nozzle Wash procedure one of the steps is to fill the capping station with cleaning solution by FUNCTION button have you not seen any liquid coming thru?

Lisaonedigital

Thanks for your reply. No, I do not see the capping station filling during nozzle wash. Would it fill with solvent automatically during the nozzle wash cycle or do you have to enter that fill process with the function button during the nozzle wash procedure?

MikePro

during nozzle wash, you fill the capping station with cleaning solution from a bottle and the print head carriange sits on it.

during head wash, the printer empties the ink lines, you insert the cleaning cartridges, and the printer flushes the ink lines and print heads with cleaning solution, before asking you to reinsert the ink cartridges and refills the system.

thewood

Thanks for your reply. No, I do not see the capping station filling during nozzle wash. Would it fill with solvent automatically during the nozzle wash cycle or do you have to enter that fill process with the function button during the nozzle wash procedure?

You have to initiate the fill by pressing <FUNCTION> until the capping station is full of cleaning solution.

Alternately, you can fill the capping station manually with a dropper or similar device during the NOZZLE WASH dialog.

mustafade

Attached are the detail instructions how to do a proper Nozzle Wash.

Attachments

• Nozzle Wash Procedure.pdf
    84.4 KB · Views: 282