• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Crash

JohnsonDW

We have an intermittent problem with a JV33. Periodically it will crash with a message: An error has occurred during output (W). <A device attached to the system is not functioning. {31}>-[Get Overlapped Result}_(0x02088002). The printer still has data but stops printing and has to be restarted. The rip is RasterLink III. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dice

what version of RasterLink III?

I would recommend that you make sure you have the laster version of RasterLinkIII installed which is 1.21 Update link here:

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/download/uc_index.php

If your on the latest version the next would be to update the firmware on your JV33.

You can be comfortable updating RasterLink.

Next step should really be done by a tech as there is some risk. Upgrading your firmware to the latest.

http://www.mimakieurope.com/firmwar...ies_windows-news,body-en-169.html?p=0-0&pop=1

Make sure you look to see what firmware you currently have and you'll need to install each update separately. So for instance if you have 2.0 you need to update to 3.1, then update to 4.1

If you don't feel comfortable doing this you need to get your mimaki tech out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Uninstall then re-install the Mimaki USB driver (get the latest one on Mimaki's website). Clean up space on your hard drive and if that doesn't work, try using a different USB port on your computer and then a new cable. If that doesn't work, you could have a dmaged USB port on the printer or computer.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
mimaki jv33 crash

the first thing i would do is replace the USB cable.
the second thing i do is outline all the fonts in that offending file.
if those don't make a difference, switch the USB port by step one....

(personally, reinstalling a software is the LAST thing i do.)
Mimaki software is a pIA.

-Mosher

((p.s. i own a JV33 and used rasterpro3 in old dell pavillion. i upgraded to rasterpro5 and windows as well.))

k.a.s.

Try the USB, ports etc. Some of those seem to help. I have had this problem periodically for a long time, I still have yet to figure out exactly what the problem is.

Kevin

MikeD

had the same problem with some of our JV33 printers. RIP'ing via Wasatch. We tried all of the above suggestions with the additional step of insulating our USB cables from noise. We haven't had this issue come back for a long time.

Good Luck!

Rooster

Just updating an old post with new information.

If you're using wasatch softrip (it may apply to others as well). The printer has a tendancy to change the USB designation. Where the RIP is looking for USB-1, the printer may have changed itself to USB-2 or USB-3. If you update the USB# in the device settings it reconnects.