• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Dampers- Color Dropout Issue

Cmiller01

Printer
Hello everyone!
We had to replace some dampers on our 1 Cyan ink channel ( the other was fine) due to color dropout ( this is what we suspected was wrong because everything else was perfect) and the dampers are not filling up properly, even after repeated Ink Fill Ups. Is there a way to prime this besides pulling ink with a syringe while opening the solenoid at the ink cartridges? We tried this and not much luck. We ordered a new damper joint assembly ( the clip that goes on the top of the damper) and have that coming today to try. We now do not have ink coming into either of the dampers we replaced 2 days ago. Running out of ideas and I have read at least 4-5 different methods of priming these things. We just dont know which way is best. Any ideas? We are hoping its not the printhead. We have also replaced the top cap in the capping station with a brand new one and it seems to be working just fine.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
With the service menu enabled and on the solenoid valve tests so you can open the valve when needed..... attach the new damper to the joint assembly. Always grabbing the damper from the narrow sides only, then hold the damper upside down, reach over to the control panel and open the ink solenoid for the color, then gently press in the side valve of the damper. Ink will flow into it. Have a paper towel handy and let off the side of the damper when you see the ink getting into the print head end. I usually will then hold it back upright then upside down again to double check how much ink is in it and to try and get any remaining air out by pressing the round side valve of the damper in again.

You must be very careful to get any spilled ink with a paper tower because you do not want any to get on the ribbon cables, etc. The dampers on these need to be as full as possible but I've never been able to truly get them 100% completely full. Usually just a very small bit of air left at the top. You will need to remove the metal head carriage cover bracket to get enough slack in the ink lines to be able to move it to the left of the carriage assembly to actually be able to easy holt it upside down without kinking the ink line to it.

inkjet frank

Damper problem

you don't need to worry about the print head. Based on what you described, it's absolutely the problem above the head.

when you pull the syringe connecting the damper, Make sure there is no air in the damper. When you hold the damper upside down 75 degree and press the compressor in the mid of the damper, you can make sure it works properly, the ink is coming out of the damper.

after these procedures, if you don't see ink in the damper, you need to open the top cover of the printer and trace that specific ink line, making sure your ink line is not leaking. After ink lines rub against the belt for a long time, they will break.

If the damper works, you move forward to check the area between the damper print head. You can open the cover under the camping station, where you can visually see the ink pump. Connect syringe with one of the pump line, pull the syringe while picking the other line. Make you can get a full pull without feeling the air.