• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 firmaware

Gabriel

Hello everybody!

I urgently need , if possible, a firmware version for a JV33-160(now I have 8.03). And also a firmware installer tool? Any advice, or can you send me that, please?

Thanks in advance....
A man in need..

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On a JV33 there is no version 8.03 firmware, at least not for a USA model. The highest firmware for a USA model JV33 is 5.30. Maybe machines intended for other countries have different firmware?

Gabriel

I have to say that the printer I have is a Twinjet, a replica for Mimaki Jv33. Has the same board, head, damper...everything, the driver also.
I would try to put a new firmware though I have some problems with ERROR 50 MEDIA DETECT. I saw in one thread here on signs.101 , that installing a new firmware, solved the problem. This is what I'm trying to do. Any suggestions, please?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No idea at all on that. It's rip off clone and not a Mimaki and is using hacked Mimaki firmware. You have no way of knowing what version of the real Mimaki firmware it is using and since the firmware is hacked (obvious with the off version number) it is doubtful that original Mimaki firmware would work at all. The Chinese did not hack the original Mimaki firmware for fun, they did so to make it work on their clone machine. I'd say your best best would be to contact Twinjet.

Gabriel

Good one SightLine! Thank you! I said that it would be nice to give it a shot, but I guess I'm a little naive :). Thank you for the virtual slap :d. I'll contact the guy there.

Thanks!